TWENTY-ONE

Miles jumps up off of the couch and looks at us. "Is anyone down for a card game?" I look at Brax, and he looks at me with a smile.

"I'm up for a game or two," I look back at Miles and nod.

"Count us in. But what game though?" He goes to the TV stand and grabs out the deck of UNO cards. I roll my eyes as he turns around.

"UNO?"

"If you promise not to cheat? You always do," He scuffs while crossing his arms.

"I do not,"

"Yes, you do," Creg says with agreement. Kelsey mumbles her agreement. He shakes his head.

"I won't cheat,"

BRAX

I walk out of my bedroom with a towel to my hair to dry it. Chase, Luna's boyfriend, was sitting at the counter eating eggs and toast. His head was in his phone so he didn't notice me until I opened the fridge. He looks at me while lowering his phone. "Hey, man," I give him a slight nod.

I didn't like him but he has been with Luna for over four months. We used to fight all the time when he moved in but I just ignored him for the most part now for her benefit.

"Hey," I mumble while grabbing a beer. I close the fridge and lean on it. He watches me for a moment before looking back at his phone.

"What are you an alcoholic now?" He mumbles. I clench my free hand while looking away from him.

"If I was, you wouldn't be here anymore," I said. He snorts while setting his phone down on the counter. I glanced at it while he was looking away. He was on some dating app. His gaze goes back to me.

"What is that supposed to mean? I thought you and I were cool?" I let out a dry laugh while arching an eyebrow.

"You and I will never be 'cool', Chase. You are a douchebag who doesn't deserve my sister. The only reason I haven't knocked you senseless by now is because of her. So do yourself a favor and don't comment on my fucking life like you know what is going on," He snorts while rolling his eyes.

"Why don't you go live at your fucking girlfriend's apartment? You are there 24/7 anyway," I fold my arms with my beer still in hand.

"Luna!" He raises an eyebrow while looking at me. I wait until I hear her bedroom door open. She walks into the kitchen while looking between us. Her eyes go to mine.

"Yes?" I look past her to Chase.

"I don't want this fucker here anymore," She sighs loudly while running her hands over her face. Just when I thought she was going to snap at me she turned to him.

"What the hell did you say to him?" She asks tiredly. He snorts while picking up his phone not answering her question like he could give two fucks.

I took two steps to the island counter he was sitting at and snatched his phone from him. He looks at me puzzled. I hold a deadly grip on his phone while mentally killing him with my gaze. "When she asks you a fucking question, you fucking answer," He stands up.

"You have no damn right to take my fucking phone, Brax!" I raise an eyebrow at him while cackling.

"I bought the damn thing, Chase. And I pay the bill. I can take this away any fucking time I want," He growls before looking at Luna.

"Are you going to do something?" I let out a dry scuff while looking back at her. She looks at me before looking back at him. Her eyes go back to mine.

"I can't fucking do this anymore. The two of you fucking fighting is getting old. Chase pack your shit and be gone by midnight," I grin while turning back to him. His jaw drops as if he can't believe her.