EIGHT

When I park my car with the other racers' car, Carl walks up to me with a huge smile. I crack a smile of my own because he makes me. He slaps a hand on my shoulder as I get out. "I figured you were going to be sleeping in with that girl of yours?"

"When do I ever sleep in?" He chuckles.

"True. Well, Trent has been telling the guys around here that he can whip your ass in a race. I figured it was about time to put his money where his mouth is," I snort while crossing my arms.

"Trent is low grade compared to my normal competitors. The idea that he thinks he can beat me is crazy," He nods with a scuff.

"Yeah, well his whole gang's here and they are betting on him. They are paying a hefty amount," I grin while looking towards Trent's car.

He was surrounded by his gang and a few girls. He says something to them that causes them to laugh. His eyes flicker my way and he smirks. I roll my eyes. "I almost don't want to race him. He will lose his racing career before he even has a chance,"

"Did I mention that they are paying a hefty amount?" Carl pleads. I chuckle while turning to him.

"I said almost didn't I?" He grins.

"Tease the kid, will ya? Don't just go for the kill," I hum.

"I will do my best," He claps his hands together with a mischievous grin. I climb into my car and look over at Trent. He was still talking to his friends. I snort and shake my head. I look over towards the VIP area to see a familiar face. Xavier.

As if he sensed my gaze, he looked away from his buddies to look at me. His lips curl into a devilish smirk and I curl my fingers around the steering wheel. I grip it so tight that my knuckles turn while. He winks at me and I let out a feral growl.

I hated Xavier. When I first started racing he challenged me to a race. I'm not one to back down and I was better than him. I had more wins under my belt than he did to prove that. But when the day came, he cheated. I ended up in the hospital fighting for my life. I promised myself that I would race him again and I wasn't going to lose.

The static of the mic goes off taking me out of my thoughts. I look over to see Carl by the starting line. I start my engine and drive to it. A moment later Trent is arriving. I don't bother with looking at him as I pay attention to Carl.

"Now this first racer is one of our favorites with 26 wins under his belt," He starts. I snort as I hear that his number was still so fucking low.

"Jealous?" Trent asks. I look at him and raise an eyebrow at him. I open my mouth to reply as Carl starts talking again.

"Street Rebel!" The crowd cheers. I keep my gaze on Trent as he smirks with his head held high as if that number was something for him to be fucking proud of.

"And his opponent is my personal favorite. He is the top racer here with the most wins under his belt," He pauses for dramatic effect. I tilt my head while looking at Trent as he shifts uncomfortably in his seat. As if he didn't realize that I was, Demon Devil. He swallows harshly.

"Don't lose your jaw when you hear the number," I chuckle while looking at Carl for a second as he waits for the crowd to settle down and waits on me. I look back at Trent. His eyes go to Carl.

"This racer has 5 hundred wins under his belt. Give it up for, Demon Devil!" I roared my engine and the sound echoed through the bleachers. I hear Trent gulp. His face pales as he starts to shake. Carl was laughing now at Trent's reaction so much as one of his female workers came over to signal when to go.

I watch her as she holds out two black and white flags. She holds them up in the air as the crowd starts to count down. She winks at me before she throws down the flags. Trent speeds past her picking up dirt from the dirt track. I lean back in my seat while waiting for the dirt to settle.