TWO

A few weeks into moving to New York everything seems perfect. School is going great and Knox has stayed the night a few times. I have gotten to know Brax a little better. It was perfect. But it wasn't.

Knox has been making all the right moves and saying all the right things. We have been together for a while and he has been the perfect gentleman.

I just can't bring myself to have sex with him. The idea of giving him my virginity just made my anxiety go haywire. I wanted to be comfortable enough to trust him not to take it and hurt me but it seemed like he was hiding something.

I can't shake this gut feeling that he was hiding who he really is. He didn't seem like the type of guy to wait around for a virgin to make up her mind. I didn't want to think this way. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I was going to try.

The sound of my phone ringing snaps me out of my train of thought and I look over at the counter. I reach for it and the bath water splashes as I move. Brax's name flashes on the screen and I smile.

"Butterball," He hums.

"Snowball," I smile more as I get comfortable in the tub again. The water splashed around me. I tried my damndest to make sure it didn't get my phone wet. "Are you in the tub?"

"Yes, but I don't think you called to see if I was taking a bath," He let out a soft husked chuckle, sending a fiery feeling to my core, awakening my desire. I bite my lip.

"Actually, I was. Well, I was calling to see if you were busy. My sister and her boyfriend asked for the house to themselves tonight. Although, I am not expecting to spend the night. I do wish to hang out,"

"I wouldn't mind if you hung out and if you stayed the night," He let out an amused hum.

"How do you know if I'm not a murderer? I could kill you in your sleep," I roll my eyes not missing the humor in his question.

"You've been to my house before. If you wanted me dead then you would have done it already," He lets out a small laugh as I hear a door close in the background.

"Where are you going?" I hear a girl ask in the background. A frown makes its way onto my face with the idea of who she might be.

"You asked for the night to yourselves. I am giving you that," Brax says to her. I smiled a little knowing it was his sister. I sit up in the tub with my eyes on the shower wall.

Why was I upset that he may have a girlfriend? Why was I relieved when I found out it was his sister? Why did he have this effect on me?

"Snowball?" I hear Brax say a little louder than he was just speaking. I hum in response. "Did you hear a word I said?" I clear my throat and set my phone on the ledge of the tub.

"Ah, no," I scoop up some water and splash my face with it.

"I am on my way to you,"

"Okay, I'll see you in a minute,"

"Sure thing, Snowball,"

The phone goes silent and I take a deep breath. I go under the water and sit for a moment before sitting up. I stand up step out of the tub and pull the plug.

I grab my towel and wrap it around my body. I grab my phone and walk out of the bathroom. I click on the messages between me and Knox ready to send him a message.

"Woah," I hear from behind me.

I turn around to see Brax watching in the door. His eyes roam my dripping body before he clears his throat. I look back down at my phone for a moment.