NINETEEN

POPPY

I wrap a towel around my wet body making sure it's secure before grabbing my phone and walking out of the bathroom. I click off of YouTube music as I walk out. "Damn," I hear. I look up from my phone to see Miles walking out of the kitchen with a gram cracker in his mouth. His eyes roam over what the towel doesn't cover.

"I thought you were at your new apartment?" I ask as I turn off my phone and look at him. He looks into my eyes and takes the gram cracker out of his mouth.

"Bea said that it's not ready yet. Damn, Poppy. You are killing me here," I roll my eyes and turn towards my bedroom.

"Not fast enough," I walk into my room and throw my phone on my bed.

"You know I'm starting to regret this whole 'we should remain friends' thing. I almost forgot how fucking sexy you are," I turn to see him leaning on the doorframe.

"Yeah, you aren't bad in the look department but Brax has you beat by a million," He snorts and takes a bite of his gram cracker.

"Have you heard from him today?" I nod while taking a brush through my wet hair.

"He said that he and Jake are almost done with helping Kelsey," He nods.

"Jake said something about having our stuff sent out already so it will be here when he gets back," I hum.

"Do you know if he asked Karen to move in with him yet?" His forehead scrunches up as he gives me his adorable confused look.

"He hasn't mentioned anything to me about asking her. I didn't think about it," I snort.

"Sup bitches," Creg shouts while walking into the apartment. I look at him and flash him a warm smile. His eyes skate my exposed body before looking at Miles. "Why are you standing here while she is in a towel? Didn't Brax tell you the story about what happens when she is in just a towel," I gasped causing him to laugh.

"Brax did not tell you that story?" He looks at me and wiggles his eyebrows.

"You can drop it on purpose and we can blame your bracelet again," I playfully glare at him while walking over to him.

"I'll tell him you suggested it,"

I throw my door closed and turn to my bed. I slide on a pair of black silk Playboy panties and slip on the matching bra. I grab my black tank top that was cropped and put it on. I then slide on my little blue jeans that were washed with rips and tears. I then slip on my black Vans.

I throw my hair in front of me while bending a little and give it a shake to mess it up a bit. I throw it back over my shoulders and fix it a little. I grab my phone and slip it into my back pocket before grabbing my wallet.

When I opened the door Creg and Miles were talking about some show they started watching called Game of Thrones. I made a note to start watching it from the beginning since these two stay up all night watching it like they have nothing better to do.

Creg looks my way and looks me up and down. He gives me a nod of approval. "Where are you going?" Miles asks while looking me up and down a few times. I grab my house keys off of the wall and turn to them while walking to the door.

"I am going to the store to grab ice cream because you ate it all," I say with a playful glare. He stands up while grabbing his phone.

"I can go with you?" I shake my head.

"I need the fresh air. Besides, I am going to the bank and I know how you feel about going past that nail salon with all those girls catcalling you," He cringes.