TWENTY-TWO

POPPY

Waking up to extreme cramps, I groan while turning onto my stomach. I curl up in a ball bringing my knees to my chest. The pain subsided a little. "Snowball?" Brax groans. I pick up my head a little to see him sitting up while rubbing his eyes. He looks at me. "Cramps?" I nod.

"Yes," He slips out of the bed and slides on some sweatpants. He walks out of the bedroom door. I close my eyes while putting my head back on my pillow as another wave of pain comes through. I whimper.

"Come on," Brax says softly while picking me up. I lay my head on his chest while closing my sleepy eyes. He wrapped a robe around me because I was naked and walked me to the bathroom.

When we walked into the bathroom I noticed that the tub was filling up with lavender scents. I look up at him to see him smiling down at me. "Get into the water and relax," I give him a small nod.

"Thank you," He sets me down on my feet and I slip the robe off. I got to the toilet and took out my tampon before I stepped into the water and it tingled on the surface of my foot. I scrunch up my face curiously but sit down anyway. The tingling runs all over my body where the water touches. "It's an Irish herb. It's meant to heal the body and mind," I look up at him.

"Irish?" He nods as he sits on the edge of the tub.

"I'm part Irish. My mom was Irish," I gave him a warm smile. He smiles as if he was remembering a memory of her. "How do you feel now?" I close my eyes as the cramps slowly sip away.

"I feel great," He chuckles.

"Perfect. I am going to get you some clothes to sleep in," I give him a small nod as my body starts to relax and I feel sleepy. After some time I am awakened by Brax's lips going on mine. I open my eyes as he pulls back. He smiles. "Let's get you out of the tub so you can go back to bed,"

I stand up with his help and dry off. I walk over to the toilet and he hands me a tampon. I close my eyes as I insert it and discard the trash. He helps me get dressed before picking me up and bringing me into the room.

As soon as I get into the bed, I fall asleep in his arms. When I woke up a little later it was about eight in the morning. I get out of bed without waking him up and walk out of the room. Miles looks at me from the dining table. I glance at the couch to see Creg and Kelsey asleep on it.

I smile more to myself as I walk into the kitchen. I start a pot of coffee and turn to Miles. He tilts his head looking at me. "How are you feeling?" I shrug.

"I'm okay. Why do you ask?" He leaned back in the chair he was sitting on.

"Brax came out here and started a bath for you? I assumed it was because you weren't feeling good?" I nod slowly while looking away from him.

"I'm feeling okay now," He hums, causing me to look back at him. He takes a sip of his soda.

"Cramps?" I raise an eyebrow while crossing my arms.

"How did you know?" He shrugs.

"I remember that yours were the worst. You were in so much pain," I look at the ground and hum.

"I always forget that we dated. It kind of seems like a whole lifetime ago,"

"Only because you are in a relationship. For some of us that haven't moved on? It was like just yesterday," I look back at him. He runs his finger around the rim of his can while looking down at it for a moment. "It's hell watching you move on," He mumbles.

"What?" I say in just a whisper. His eyes go onto mine and he sighs while standing up. He walks up to me and places his hand on my cheek. My throat goes dry while looking into his baby-blue eyes. He takes a deep breath while looking into my eyes.