SEVENTEEN

I walk into Brax's house with him behind me. Luna walks towards the kitchen and I follow behind her slowly. She was practically bouncing to the kitchen. "I have been dying to meet you since Brax mentioned you," She says with excitement in her voice.

"Luna," Brax hisses. She flashes him a Ramirez grin before going to the fridge. I walk over to the counter and lean against it. Brax leans against the wall while watching us.

"So, Poppy?" Luna starts while turning to me after taking out some veggies from the fridge. "Do you like Fricase de pollo?" I smile giving her a confused look.

"I can't say that I have had the opportunity to try it," She scowls at Brax.

"How dare you not take her to try it? Or make it for her?" I look at Brax who holds up his hands.

"It's a Puerto Rican dish. I didn't think she would like it," I perk up while looking at him.

"I haven't tried many Puerto Rican dishes but I am always up for trying new things," He smiles warmly at me.

"Good to know," He walks over to Luna and starts helping her chop up veggies and chicken. I smile while watching them.

"Can I help?" He looks up at me.

"You can hop up there on the counter and be your gorgeous self?" I roll my eyes and do as he says. He winks at me. Luna giggles while shaking her head.

I watch as they cook while Luna shares with me stories about Brax that are mostly embarrassing. Brax laughs at her while they reminisce about their past. After a few moments of silence, Luna lets out a heavy sigh. Brax picks up his head to glance at her. His eyes narrow while looking at her. "Out with it, Luna," She looks at him nervously.

"Luc called today," Brax goes stiff as he stops stirring the food. His jaw clenches and unclenches. "He wanted-,"

"No," He says as calmly as he can manage. She frowns.

"You don't even know what I was going to say," He closes his eyes for a moment before looking at her.

"I'm trying to be civil with you right now. I said no," She places her hand on her hip having the same stubbornness as him.

"I don't give a damn what you are trying to do. I want my brothers to stop fucking fighting for once," He growls before walking out of the room. I hear his footsteps towards the downstairs door where his room was. Luna folds her arms while shaking her head.

Brax walks back into the kitchen and looks at me. "Poppy, come with please," He breathes. I glance at Luna who sighs before looking back at me.

"Go with him. Maybe you can talk him into working things out with our older brother," I jump off of the counter and walk towards Brax.

"Highly unlikely," I mumble while walking past him. We walk to his room in silence. He opens the door for me and walks down the stairs. I walk over to his bed and sit down. I look at him to see him taking off his jacket.

He lets out a heavy sigh as he kicks his shoes off. I watch him with worry. I felt bad for him. He was hurting because of his older brother and his sister was hurting because they were fighting.

"Brax," I say softly. He pulls his shirt off with one hand and walks over to me. He looks down at me and I open my mouth to say something but he smashes his lips on mine. I kiss him back matching his possessive rhythm.

His hand goes into my hair tugging roughly causing me to let out a groan. He pushes me back on the bed and hovers over me while continuing his attack. When I pull back for air his lips trail down to my neck. "Brax?" I breathe.