SIXTEEN

Three hours into Knox's party went by in a blur. I haven't seen him since it first started. I came to talk to him but he was rushing around. After a while, I just gave up and started dancing and drinking with Creg who decided to tag along.

A pair of hands went on my waist as I was walking to the kitchen for another drink. I stop and look over my shoulders. Knox grins while looking down at my tight dress that fits me perfectly. "Damn, baby," I cringe at the word. I turn around causing his hands to fall.

"Can we talk somewhere private?" His smirk only wides as he nods.

"Of course," He takes my hand and leads me out back. There was an alley close by where he seemed to think it was a good place to talk. When he stops he turns to me and pins me to the wall with his lips on mine.

His tongue shoots out instantly trying to get access to my mouth which I deny. I put my hands on his chest and pull away. "Dragonfruit," I blurt. He lets out a small cackle.

"What does that mean?" I wipe my mouth and look up at him.

"It's my safe word," I mumble. He gives me a confused look.

"Your safe word? You are a virgin. Why do you have a safe word? Why did you use it on just a kiss?" I swallow harshly.

"I came out here to talk to you, Knox. Not to kiss you or whatever you had in mind. I have a safe word to protect me from anything I don't want to do," I explain. He snorts.

"You don't want to kiss me? Or have sex with me?" I narrow my eyes.

"Is that what you thought we were going to do? Have sex?" I look around me to see the dumpsters full of trash and I'm almost certain I heard a raccoon in one of them. I look back at him. "You expected me to lose my virginity in an alley?" He rolls his eyes.

"You were drinking a lot. I didn't think you would care," I scuff and shake my head.

"You are something else," I go to walk away but he grabs my arm. I look at him.

"You are going to walk away?" I nod.

"Yeah, I am. I came to talk to you to tell you that I don't think we can get back together but now I see that it was obvious that we never were. You don't care about me. You just care about yourself," He scuffs.

"I allowed you to go without makeup. I allowed you to have your space for a while to think. I let you take Brax with you to Michigan. I wouldn't have done those things if I didn't care about you," I suck on my teeth.

"You allowed? You don't get a choice on what I do to my body or who I talk to. My free will was never given to you to take away. I am not your submissive," He chuckles.

"This is about Brax, right? He doesn't want you for the reasons that matter. He just wants to fuck you and then he will walk away. That's all you are good for," I glare at him and take a step up to him.

"You know how I know you are wrong?" He just hums in response. I lean to his ear. "Because he already got that and he still wants me," I whisper. I pull back to look up at him. Smoke was practically streaming out of his ears.

"You whore," I chuckle and turn my back on him.

"Yup, that's me," He yanks my arm towards him and I look up at him. "Let go of me," I snap. He holds tighter and I let out a whimper. A second later he was ripped off of me and my arm was free.

"I'm pretty sure she told you to let her go," Brax shouts. Knox who had stumbled back looks at him. He lets out a dry laugh.

"Perfect, just the guy I wanted to talk to," He takes three heavy fast steps towards Brax and punches him.