2 | Vices

| Chris' POV |

Ricky hovered over the kitchen sink. His back was turned to me, and he hadn't heard me come in. I had opened my mouth to speak, but stopped when I spotted a pill bottle sitting on the window seal in front of him.

He filled up a glass of water in the sink, placing it just next to him on the counter. His shaky hands counted out a generous amount of pills from the bottle. Ricky chased them down with the water he had.

I shook my head and pretended like I didn't see that. Then I walked up behind him, setting the dishes in the sink. He jumped ten feet out of his skin when he saw me come up behind him.

"Chris." He murmured.

I shot him a fake smile. "Hi."

He relaxed his shoulder a tad. "H-hi."

I glanced down to see his hands shaking more than a bitter old woman's. Ricky turned so he was facing me, with his hip resting against the side of the counter.

"I'm sorry about what Ghost said. You know he was just joking." I said.

"I guess." Ricky shrugged.

I sighed. "Ricky... Tell me the truth. Is Jani really paying half your rent?"

That made his eyes even shake. He turned back towards the sink. "Of course, wh-why would you... why would you ask that?"

"Because, I'm worried he isn't taking care of you like he should." I replied, setting my hand on his shoulder.

Ricky turned to grab his water. His hands trembled in an attempt to raise the glass to his lips, and he suddenly dropped it. I moved back as I heard to shatter against the hardwoods with a loud crash.

"Fuck." Ricky muttered.

Ryan ran in, but quickly stopped himself when he realized there was broken glass on the floor. "Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Y-yeah, I-I'm sorry, I broke one of your glasses." Ricky mumbled.

He grabbed a towel off the counter and began to wipe the water away that was splattered all over the floor and cabinets. His hair fell into his face, and his hands still shook. I'm guessing, his heart was shaking even more.

"It's okay, Ricky. I'll get it." Ryan said. "I'll be right back." He went to go grab a dust pan, I'm guessing.

I leaned down next to Ricky, putting my hands over his. "Hey, stop. Look how bad your hands are shaking." I spoke at a low, lovingly tone. "Ricky?"

He shook his head a bit. I don't think it was directed towards me though. He talks to himself a lot, out loud and in his head. Ricky glanced up at me, then down at his hands. He wrapped his arms around his chest, and fell on his knees, not even caring about the glass.

I put my hand on his back, waiting for him to say something. C'mon Ricky, just get everything off your chest already. Admit what I already know. Jani is an asshole, that abuses you, mentally and physically. You're hiding in your pill bottles. You must who you were. You miss smiling. Just say all of that, so I can help you.

But of course, he didn't. Maybe he would have if it was just us, however Ryan had walked back in the kitchen.

Ricky slowly stood up, muttering, "I-I'm going to go home. I'm tired and I don't feel well. I'm sorry, again, Ryan."

"It's okay. I can tell you aren't well. Go get some rest. Maybe you should let one of the guys drive you home." He suggested.

Ricky glanced out of the corner of his eye. He quickly grabbed his phone and the pill bottle off the counter, slipping them both in his jean pockets.

"I'll be okay." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

Ricky forced a smile as he looked over at me, through his messy hair. "Yeah, Chris. I'll be fine."

No you won't. I can tell by the look in your eyes, but I don't want to make it worse. I shut up. I shouldn't have, but I did. Ryan hugged Ricky goodbye, then we went to the living room and the others said goodbye as well.

I hugged him, wishing I could hold him as tight as possible, and saw him to the door. Ricky gave me a small little wave before walking out. I shouldn't let him drive himself home. He isn't well. I'm stupid, I really should've drove him home. Now I'm going to worry about him all night! I hope nothing happens to him. I'm just being overly paranoid anyways.