98 | New

| Chris' POV |

"Ricky?" I softly called his name as I found him behind the funeral home. "Sweetheart, the service is about to start."

"Oh. Okay." He muttered as he stood up from where he'd been sitting on the fountain's edge. It was November, so there wasn't any water in the fountain, but there definitely was in Ricky's eyes.

"You shouldn't be out in this cold. I don't want you getting sick." I had to bite my lip a bit after saying that.

He still doesn't know Jani didn't make him HIV positive... I did. I got tested, came back positive, then had to force TJ to get tested. It took convincing but he did come back positive. Devin was so right about everything.

"I'm okay, but thank you, Baby." Ricky weakly smiled. He grabbed my lower arm, digging in a bit. "Chris?"

"Yeah, Sweetie?"

"I just want you to know, I love you. I'm sorry for anytime I every hurt you or thought bad of you. Every fight we ever had, I'm sorry. You're my one and only. Please, never leave me, because I really do mean it when I look you in the eyes and say those three words; I love you."

"I love you, too, and I'm not going anywhere. Even if the Devil himself crawled out of Hell to drag me down, I'd fight him off just so I could be with you. No one or nothing will ever tear us apart, you hear me? Nothing. My love for you shines brighter than the sun and moon and all the stars." I softly kissed his forehead as he smiled.

Ricky wrapped his hand around mine. I knew a huge part of this is, Jani's death has sent him into a tailspin of emotions. That doesn't change the fact that I knew every word he spoke was true. He might be broken, but he's my broken sweet kitten.

I lead him back inside, sitting down in one of the pews with him. December was on the other side of Ricky. I didn't know this was possible, but he looked even more destroyed than Ricky did. His skin was almost ash, and his eyes, dead beyond believe.

The preacher lead the service. I was surprised there was an open casket, because Jani looked like Hell. Even the morgue couldn't clean him up enough. His hair was washed out to it's originally dark brown. There was no meat on his bones at all, and his face had completely fallen in.

December spoke, but Ricky chose not to. He felt like, after his history with Jani, it wouldn't be right. However, per Jani's request, he did sing. His voice was so beautiful, I wish I could hear it more. All the melodies have been buried under his sorrow.

Maybe this will be a turning point. He's laying to rest all his agony. Ricky can finally start new. And, I'll be here to help him. I love this beauty, beyond belief. And despite his pain, I could see by the look in his eyes, he knew this was a whole new chapter in his life.

I softly smiled to myself as I enjoyed the sound of his voice.

"Wait out the days, 'till death comes to claim anything life didn't already take. You can wait out the days."

My beautiful Angel. We have a promising future.

~ 2 Weeks Later ~

| Ricky's POV |

Chris picked up my bags for me, heading towards the front door to bring them down to the cab. I grabbed the cat food bag to feed Clairea one last time before the sitter would take over caring for her. She ran to her bowl, and I softly pet her head, smiling at her. She was adorable when she crunched down on her food!

I stood up, my eyes absentmindedly falling on a picture frame on the counter. Jani and I, at the New York show a year ago. The show he came to to surprise me, but ended in a fight when he found out I cheated on him. I guess we were always bound to be destructive together. And now, it's almost surreal to imagine he's gone, forever.

Chris walked back into the apartment. "You got your meds, right?" He asked.

"Shit." I snit.

He giggled. "I'll take that as a no."

I snickered. "I'll be right back."

I went back to my bathroom. My pill bottles were sitting on the counter. I threw them into a plastic bag, sealing it up. Thankfully, these aren't my psyche drugs. I'm happy to say I don't need them anymore. They were my meds to help my HIV. Which, they thankfully really helped and I've been feeling much better lately.

I glanced up at the mirror, pausing as I saw a small crack in the corner. I ran my hand over it, remembering exactly which fight that was from. As I walked out of the bedroom, I couldn't help but stop on the doorway and look at the dent in the wall. Again, from one of Jani and I's fights. I leaned against the doorframe, setting my fingertips against a few scratches in the woodwork.

"Hey Chris?"

"Yeah Baby?" He asked as he looked up from his phone.

"What do you think about moving?" I asked. "Into a house?"

Chris walked over to me, putting his hand on my hip. "That's a big step." He teased. "We aren't even married yet. We could fix that though."

I blushed. "What?"

"Nothing." He smirked. "I think moving would be a good idea."

"Good, because I think we've terrorized this part of the city a little too much." I smiled and reached up to him, stealing a kiss.

Chris softly snickered. "We've got more towns to destroy. You ready to go, Beautiful?"

"Yeah." I replied.

Chris and I began walked towards the door. He grabbed the last of our bags, and headed towards the elevator to call it. I took one last look at my apartment.

Five years of memories are written in these walls. I glanced down the hall at Chris, as he waited on me. He softly smiled, that smile I couldn't live a day without. I smiled back at him, and grabbed my key.

Five years. Now, it's time to start anew. I turned off the light, and shut the door on my past, walking towards my future and my forever.

A/N:
I know I said 100 parts but I seriously couldn't imagine stretching this storyline any further without it getting repetitive. Thank you all for your incredible support on this story! It's unbelievable that this is up to 30K reads, and it's all because of you amazing amazing creatures!

As promised, I have a new story up. Everyone was pretty torn about which story I should release next, and to be honest, I was too, but I decided they'd both get released pretty close to each other. The first chapter of Voodoo is up! And, once Silence Remains finishes in the next few weeks, Sanity will follow.

Again, thank you all for being such amazing readers! I love you, Creatures. - Nona <#