94 | Vows

| Ricky's POV |

"You look beautiful." I told Shiloh as he looked himself over for the millionth time.

"Ugh no." He whined. "I look terrible! I shouldn't go through with this. It's not fair to Devin, he's too good for me."

I sighed, running my hand up and down his back. "He loves you more than anything in this world. You've just got cold feet, that's all."

"I guess. Everyone gets nervous on their wedding day, right?" Shiloh asked.

"Right." I smiled, then glanced down at my phone real quick before slipping it back into my pocket.

"Why do you keep checking your phone?"

"Um, I've just got some family back in Seattle that's sick. That's all." I partially lied.

The truth was Jani was much sicker than even he knew. His doctor thought he had four months. Unfortunately everything progressed much much faster than they thought. Jani has another week, if he's lucky. This was all so sudden... I'm going to a wedding now, and I'll probably be at a funeral next week.

I'm trying to focus on now though. December promised he'd keep me updated on Jani. The reason I didn't tell Shiloh the truth is I didn't want him stressed. Whatever happened between him and December, was bad enough that Devin wanted to press the air our of December's lungs. I'm not going to bring Shiloh down on his wedding day.

~~~

We stood outside the chapel doors, all ready to walk out. This is the first time I've seen Chris in a week. He approached me about as quickly as I approached him. I'll be honest, I missed him so fucking much.

"I- sorry, you- um, you go first." We both stumbled on our words.

"Let's just go on three." I said.

He sighed. "One,"

"Two,"

"Three." We both said. "I'm sorry. You're sorry? I'm sorry."

Chris and I laughed. Then he smiled at me, and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry for making assumptions."

"I'm sorry for being so stubborn." I replied.

He hugged me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I responded.

Chris offered me his arm. "You ready, Babe?"

"I'm not the one to ask that question to." I muttered, glancing over at Devin.

He snickered. "He'll be fine."

~~~

And he was fine. More than fine. I've never seen Devin so happy as when he was at that alter. Shiloh was on cloud nine as well. Once they finally got to see each other, they weren't nervous in the least bit. Watching them go over their vows, it made me wonder when Chris and I will get married.

I don't doubt that I love him, so I don't really care if it takes a while. As long as we're together forever, I don't care. Right now, we both sat at the reception, not really talking, just enjoying each other's company. My head rested on his shoulder as I felt tired.

"So." He muttered into my ear.

I repositioned my head to look up at Chris. "So?"

"So, do you have any plans tomorrow?"

"No, why?" I asked.

"It's Halloween silly. We can't let it go uncelebrated!" Chris smiled. "We were all going to meet at Ryan's for a dinner and to just hang. I'd be honored if you were my date?"

"I'd love to be." I grinned, ear to ear.

"Glad to hear."

Chris put his hand in mine as another love song started. I didn't really care about the lyrics, just the fact that they could have meaning to me now. I found love.