60 | Happiness

| Chris' POV |

Ricky stayed at my place, or vise versa, since we got off tour. I believe he's actually scared to be alone. When I'm at his place, it always sets uneasy with me that he has so many locks on the door. It's not like we live in a bad neighborhood or anything! It's very safe here.

I honestly think those locks are to keep Jani out. Ricky is terrified that Jani will get out of prison somehow and come after him. I'm sure Jani will try to kill Ricky when he does get out, so I can't blame him for being paranoid about it. I'm here to protect him though. I always will be. It hurts, when I can't protect him from himself.

He gets the worst nightmares. He'll cry and talk in his sleep. One night he even woke himself up screaming. Well, woke us both up, and he must've apologized to me fifty million times! I don't care. I'd rather have woken up, so I could comfort him.

I'm hoping today will help him feel better. We're all going over to Ange's for his birthday! It's rare we get to see him in between touring and him working. Ricky and I both always feel better after getting to hang with him. I miss having him in the band so much, but I understand why he left.

"So how old do you feel?" Balz teased him.

Angelo chuckled. "You're only as old as you feel, and I still feel like I'm in high school. Mentally, that is. Physically, I feel like an eighty year old man, and I don't even tour anymore. I don't know how you guys are still going."

"We don't know either." Devin replied as he put his arm over Shiloh's shoulder. They've seemed even closer than normal lately.

"We're leaving for Warped next week." I said. "If we don't die, I'd be surprised."

"I can't believe you're leaving so soon after you got back." Angelo responded.

"But we get to bring Shiloh and the girls!" Ryan smiled.

"And the puppies!" Balz added.

Ryan-Ashley glared at him. "You sound more excited about bringing the dogs than you do me!"

He chuckled. "I love you just as much as our fur-babies."

The two of them shared a quick kiss. They were so good together. Really all the couples in our band are much better now. We don't have assholes like Jani around.

"You're playing main stage, right?" Kelly asked.

"Yeah, we weren't going to go through the torture of that tour without doing main stage." I chuckled. "It wouldn't have been worth it."

"Not at all. It's too hot to put up with a side stage." Ange said.

"Hey, who else is even playing?" Allie asked. "Nevermind, I'll just look on my phone."

"That's probably a good idea because we have no clue." I laughed.

"A bunch of people I don't know, um... Don't know, don't know, erm... Escape the Fate, Falling In Reverse, and Black Veil Brides."

I glanced over at Shiloh because I saw him readjust in his seat. He seemed a little uncomfortable. What was that about?

"Everything okay?" Dev muttered to him.

"Hm?" Shiloh perked his head up. "Oh, um, yes. Well, I'll tell you later."

Devin looked at him strangely. "Alright."

I picked up on it too. Something was weird with him and I felt like it had to do with one of the bands that was playing Warped. I'll have to keep an eye on that situation.

Angelo noticed, but he changed the subject because it was getting awkward. "Ricky, you look a lot better than last time I saw you."

"Yeah. I'm sure you probably know that, um, Chris and I have been together for a little while now." He smiled. "I'm a lot happier."

He's happier with me? My heart fluttered to hear that. I softly kissed the side of his head. "I'm a lot happier too."