83 | Kitty

| Chris' POV |

The next few weeks were as fine as they could be. Ricky had become extremely clingy. It's not that I mind, it just concerned me. Something was driving him into my arms, but I didn't know what. We finished off Warped, without any other problems. Ricky wasn't eating still, just a few crackers here and there. If he keeps this up, he's going to end up in the ER.

The taxi had just dropped us off at our apartment building. Boy, was I glad to be back to a real bed. We got to our floor and parted ways with Devin, Shiloh, and the baby. I started to head to Ricky's apartment, because I was carrying his bags for him.

"Chris?" He called sheepishly.

"Yeah?"

"C-can I just stay at your place?" Ricky asked nervously. There was a certain sense of terror in his eyes that I didn't question.

"Of course." I said. "Don't you want to at least get your cat?"

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get settled in first, then I will."

I nodded and went across the hall to my apartment. I set down everything and dug for my key. The I unlocked my apartment and pushed the door open, suddenly floored by what I saw. My apartment was completely trashed! I left the place spotless, and I return to see everything destroyed and thrown around. There was no question who did this.

I walked in, with Ricky following close behind me. Glass was shattered across the floor, plants were broken, furniture overturned and photos ripped from the ways. It was a disaster.

I sighed. "I'll have to call the cops. Fuck." I muttered. "In the meantime, how about I stay with you in your apartment?"

"Okay, I guess." Ricky responded. "I... I'm sorry Jani did this."

"We don't know that it was Jani. It could have been one of the hundreds of protesters and haters we've encountered, or I just got robbed. We don't know, okay? And even if it was Jani, that's not your fault."

"Yes it is. He's my ex, my problem." He muttered.

I set my hand on his arm in a loving way. "Don't say that. You know it's not true. Now, c'mon, we both could use some rest."

Ricky nodded. He turned around and I followed him to his apartment, closing up my own. I picked up the bags and waited on him to open his door. He didn't want to. Ricky glanced back at me and sighed. Then he pushed the door open, revealing his apartment... to be fine. Nothing was touched.

I set our bags down in the living room. Ricky looked around nervously, but everything seemed to be in tact. I did quickly check through the bedroom and bathroom to make sure we were alone. Thankfully we were, and Ricky closed up the door, along with his several locks.

"Where's Clairea?" Ricky asked aloud. "She usually greets me the second I'm home."

"Maybe she's asleep or something." I suggested.

He didn't find comfort in that answer. Ricky began calling her name as he looked for her in his small apartment. I helped, making sure to check everywhere possible. Ricky walked back out of the bedroom with the saddest expression on his face.

"Chris, I can't find her anywhere." He said, almost on the verge of tears.

"Baby, it's okay. Let's not overreact." I replied as I put my arms around him. "You had Mrs. Moore watching her, right?"

"Y-yeah." He sniffled.

"Let's call her, see if she knows where Clairea is. A lot of times she brings the kids and pets she babysits over to her place. It's okay, Ricky. Everything is going to be okay."

His head fell into my chest. We both knew that was a long shot, and we knew the reality of the situation. Ricky began to cry just horribly. I kissed the top of his head and swayed him back and forth, trying to calm him down.

Nothing seemed to work, but I think he just had to cry this one out.