50 | Nurse

| Ricky's POV |

"Chris, we can't risk you getting sick." Devin said as he swatted him back. "We can always find a temp bassist if I get sick. You're a little harder to replace."

"I don't care. I want to take care of him." Chris replied.

"I really don't care who it is at this point." I whined. "Just someone please bring me some cough medicine!"

"Run to the store, please?" Dev asked.

Chris sighed. "There's a Walgreens across the street. I'll be back in ten minutes. Do you need anything else?"

"Get something for his throat, cough drops or something, and some more Advil. We're running low."

"And some sugar." I added.

"You don't need any candy, you've got me." He smirked. Chris laughed at the way I just barely broke a smile. He leaned over the bed and kissed my temple. "I'll get you some Starburst or something, okay? I'll just be across the street, so if you need anything, tell Devin to call and I'll be back ASAP."

"Okay, Babe. I love you." I whimpered.

"I love you." Chris replied.

He grabbed his room key and headed out. We were at a hotel right now. Chris was staying in a room with me, and Devin was in a connected room. Josh and Vinny were across the hall in a room, and Ryan and Balz were sharing a room around the corner from ours. Ryan got sick off of me, but he wasn't nearly as bad. He just had the sniffles really.

Devin was mainly taking care of me. He does the nurse role well. His phone rang, and he pulled it out of his pocket.

"It's Shiloh." He said.

"You can put it on speaker if you want." I replied.

Dev smiled. "Okay." He answered the phone. "Hey Baby."

"Hey Babe." Shiloh replied quietly on the other end. "The baby is sleeping so I thought I'd call."

"You're on speaking, just so you know. Ricky is the only other one in the room. How's Bella?"

"She's doing fine. How's Ricky?! Is he any better?"

"I'm fine!" I whined.

"You don't sound fine." Shiloh stated.

"What's that mean?"

Devin chuckled. "It means you sound like shit."

"You guys suck." I mumbled as I buried my face in the pillow.

"We love you!" Shiloh called through the phone.

Devin ran his hand up and down my back. "We really do. I'm going to go talk to Shi for a bit in my room. Yell if you need anything."

"Mhm." I replied.

I just felt like sleeping, which is what I decided to do. I hated being sick, but I get sick easily. It's because of stress. That makes my immune system weak and then I catch germs easier. Stress is so stupid. Especially when it's self inflicted.

Plus I want to get better so Chris and I can go out on a date! I'm excited for that so so much! It'll be nice to get to look into his eyes so lovingly. To walk down the street holding hands... Have a kiss on Main Street. It all sounded so wonderful. I couldn't wait.