96 | Suffer

| Ricky's POV |

I unlocked the side door to the house with my spare key. It was late, so I didn't go in the front door to prevent any extra noise. When I walked in, I expected everyone to be asleep by now. But December wasn't.

He was hunched over on the couch, lightly sobbing. I knew he wouldn't be able to be this strong for this long. He didn't hear me come in, so I lightly touched his back to get his attention. December jumped, then quickly wiped his eyes when he saw me.

"Oh, Ricky," He sniffled. "It's just you. Jani is asleep."

I took a seat next to him. "How's he doing?"

"His appetite is completely gone. I don't think I'll get him to eat again. I was hoping his sight would come back, but it hasn't and I doubt it will. He's very weak, mentally and physically."

I sighed. "How 'bout you? How are you doing?"

December wiped his eye again. "It's hard." He whimpered. "I knew Jani wasn't going to grown old. He's always lived a hard life, but I thought he'd at least live to have a family. I never wanted to be the one to bury my brother."

"Hey, you're not doing this alone. I'm here to help." I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting him cry into my shoulder.

As well, I had to hold back my own tears. This was harder than I ever thought it would be. After all the pain he's caused me, I thought I'd be easy to let him go. The problem is, we also have so many good memories. He was my first real true love. It's time I let him go though.

I told December to go get some much needed sleep. He went to his bedroom, but that doesn't mean he will actually sleep. I washed off all my makeup in the hall bathroom, then quietly entered Jani's room.

There was just a feeling of death in this room. I could just tell, the reaper was waiting eagerly. He's have to wait at least a few more hours. I stripped down my clothes until I was in just a long sleeve black top and underwear.

As softly as I could, I climbed into the bed with him. I didn't want to wake him. Unfortunately I did. He rolled over the best he could, facing me.

"Hey you." Jani weakly whispered. God, it was so weird to see him like this.

"Hi Sweetie. I'm sorry I woke you." I replied softly.

"It's okay." He said, following it up with a few coughs. "I wanted to see you. Come cuddle. Don't worry, it's okay."

"I'm scared of hurting you." I muttered.

"You won't. I'm falling apart worse than a zombie anyways. Come here."

I still was worried. He was so fragile, but it's what he wanted. I nestled my head against his boney chest, feeling his stick-like arms wrap around me. Oddly, I was comfortably.

"I am sorry for everything I ever did to you. I love you, Ricky." He spoke into my ear. "Will you promise me one thing?"

"Of course."

"Sing at my funeral." Jani murmured.

"Jani-"

"Baby, please. I know you're scared to admit it, I am too, but my time on this earth has come to an end. Please just promise."

Silent tears streamed down my face. I hope he didn't know I was crying. I've got to be strong for him.

"I promise." I whispered to him. "I love you, Jani. I always will."

"I'll watch over you." He said. "I truly love you. Thank you, my Angel, for all you have done for me. Goodnight, Beautiful."

I swallowed a lump in my throat. "Goodnight, Jani."