38 | Reunion

| Chris' POV |

It was obvious to me that Ricky was uncomfortable being in public. He never left his apartment in those three months. Food got delivered. He'd leave once a month to go get a refill on his medications, that's it. So, after being a hermit for so long, I understand why he's having issues adjusting.

He never minded people staring at him before, but now, he noticed. Every person that burned their eyes into him made him smaller. My only saving grace is the fact we're going to see Angelo tonight. He could always make Ricky smile, much better than I could.

When we got to the restaurant, I held the door open for Ricky. He weakly smiled at me as he walked in. I can't believe how skinny he's gotten. He was too skinny before! Now, he's barely bones. We all walked towards the reserved table that Ryan, Allie, Angelo, and Kelly were already sitting at. I felt terrible for making them wait, but it was worth it to get Ricky to leave his apartment for once!

"Finally!" Ryan said as we walked up.

"Sorry, Chris was dead set on getting Ricky to join us." Balz laughed.

"I don't care that you're late." Angelo spoke as he stood from the table. "I'm just glad to get to see all of you."

Everyone hugged him, including me. When he hugged Ricky, he glanced at me over his shoulder, giving me look of concern. I sighed, telling him with my eyes that I know, Ricky isn't well.

Everyone got situated at the table. Devin was all too happy to introduce Shiloh to Angelo. He's so proud of Shiloh. It's adorable.

"So who's the baby I've been seeing on your Instagram?" Kelly asked.

"She's mine. Kylie and I had a daughter right before we split. Well, it's kind of what made us split." He sighed. "But, I'm glad I didn't stay with her just to raise a child. I'd much rather raise a child in a same sex household than one of hatred."

Shiloh smiled beautifully and Devin took his hand, setting it on the table. He kissed Shiloh's temple, and all the girls aww'd.

"I'm glad. Although, I never thought you'd end up the first with kids." Ange said.

"You and me both." He chuckled.

"How's you two meet?" He asked.

Balz and Ryan both were fighting a smirk as Devin and I blushed. Well... How do you make that whole thing not sound bad?

"Do you want us to tell him?" Ryan questioned as he tried his damnedest not to laugh.

We didn't say anything, so Balz continued. "Weeeelllll... Chris and Shiloh kind of hooked up after a show. Then when someone tried to beat Shiloh up, Chris decided to take him in and they were dating, and Devin was dating... someone else. We don't really know how it happened, but all the sudden Devin and Shiloh were dating one day."

Angelo stared for a moment. Probably trying to process this. "Whoa, wait. So you started dating Chris' one night stand?"

Half the table started laughing. Devin looked at Shiloh, then they both started laughing too. Looking back, it was kind of funny how things ended up. In a weird, twisted way.

"So, you're not seeing anyone then?" Angelo asked once all the laughing died down.

I bit my tongue as I thought about that question. "No... I'm interested in someone though." I said.

"Ohh, it must suck being the only single one though." He snickered.

I glanced down to Ricky. He sighed, muttering, "He's not. Jani and I broke up."

Ange's eyes softened. He glanced at me, with a somewhat knowing look. "I'm sorry to hear that, Ricky. I know you really loved him."

Ricky cleared his throat. He kept his head down, as he slowly stood up from the table. "Excuse me. I'm going to go take a smoke break."

He walked away from the table. We all watched him leave, and the mood dropped.

"Chris," Angelo spoke at a low tone. "He looks like he hadn't eaten in weeks."

"He hasn't." I sighed. "This is the first time he's left his apartment since him and Jani broke up three months ago. Jani went to jail. He got a few years for beating on Ricky."

"At least the bastard is paying for hurting him. God, I hated that man. I'd think Ricky would be happier without him."

"You and I both."

Ange set his hand over mine on the table. He looked me straight in the eyes and said, "He needs help. I can see it. Please, make sure he gets it."

Just above a whisper, I replied, "I know."