97 | Passing

| Chris' POV |

Once I made up with Ricky, I honestly didn't want to sleep alone. I missed him so much. Other than that fact, by the end of the night, I was tired as fuck. So I crashed on Balz's couch. Ryan-Ashley woke me the next morning with the smell of pancakes, which is quite nice to wake to. Not nearly as good as waking up next to Ricky but I'm not going to complain.

"Gooood morning!" Balz smiled, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend's waist. Ugh, I just missed Ricky so much. I didn't want to see anyone else being cute.

"Morning." She giggled. "Morning, Chris. How'd you sleep?"

"As good as one can sleep on a sofa." I laughed, stretching my arms.

"Sorry that's the best we have. Our place is pretty small." He replied. Balz walked over to the back counter and poured two cups of coffee.

"It's okay." I replied, taking a mug. "Why haven't you upgraded though?"

He struggled. "Ash doesn't want to take care of a big house when I'm on tour. This fits our family for the time being."

Balz and I went and sat down at the kitchen table, just as Ryan-Ashley brought us food over.

"Thank you so much." I smiled at her. "Both for the food and letting me crash."

Balz waved his hand dismissively "Don't mention it. I understand everything is a little rough right now. How's Ricky?"

I sighed. "I know this will hit him hard. It already has, but once Jani actually passes, it'll be really difficult on him." I said. Then my phone started ringing, and I glanced down, "Speak of the Devil... Hey, Baby Doll."

"Hey." He very softly answered on the other end.

My tone dropped. "Is everything okay?"

"Jani's passed." Ricky sounded so fucking lost and empty. "He passed in his sleep last night."

"I'm so sorry, my sweet Angel, but at least he didn't suffer." I responded.

"And he's not suffering anymore. That's the important part. I, um, I need to leave December to have some time to himself. So I'm going to come home."

"Baby, I don't want you driving. You're too upset. I fell asleep at Josh's last night anyways, so let me come pick you up?" I asked.

"Okay." He muttered. "I'll see you soon."

"Alright, Baby. I love you."

"I love you too."

~~~

When I arrived, I had unfortunate timing. The funeral home people were here as well, collecting the body. It broke my heart to see Ricky, sat on the or porch with tears in his eyes, as he watched them load the body in the hearse. December stood in front of the house with a priest.

I didn't address December when I got out of the car. Devin never did tell us what he did to Shiloh, but I still held a grudge for him hurting the poor thing. Plus, this wasn't really my place to speak, and last time I saw him was not one of my best moments.

Ricky glanced up at me when he saw me. He tried to break a smile, to no avail. His arms wrapped around himself to try to comfort himself, but I could see it wasn't really working. I sat down next to him without a word, and pulled him into my side.

This was a little strange if you think about it. I'm consoling my boyfriend on the death of his abusive ex-boyfriend. It didn't feel weird though. If anything, it was very somber. This may be difficult, but some tragedies are for the best.

The priest said his farewells just as the hearse left. December slowly walked over to us. He sat down without a sound. After a few minutes, he broke the silence.

"This doesn't feel real." December murmured. "I keep hoping I'll wake up and this is all a dream, but it's not. My brother is dead."

I softly kissed Ricky's head as he whimpered. December was right; this all had yet to sink in. It truly didn't feel real, in the least bit. But it was real. Years of torture, violence, pain, and agony, just all died. The memories will remain, but no longer will the bloodshed.