51 | Parents

Thanks for such good feedback on the new story preview! I don't know when it's going to come out. I'll prob wait until this or Silence Remains are over :p Thanks again! You guys are so awesome to me! - None <3

| Ricky's POV |

It took me about two weeks and a lot of meds to get better. I only missed three shows though, and played the others sick. After traveling through Canada for a while, we finally were back in the states. Of all places to return too, our first show back was in Seattle.

I haven't been here in a while. Mom was already asking if I was coming to visit. I'm not too up for it. I never am, but I know I have to go see my parents no matter what. I'm not going to bring Chris back home just yet. Him and I haven't even had our start over yet. 

The guys went sight seeing around the city. I wish I could've just gone walking around with them, but no, I have to go see my parents. My nasty, judgmental parents. My dad is extremely religious and doesn't approve of my lifestyle. Mom just bites her tongue and tries to still love me. Honestly, I doubt the day will ever come that I'll bring my boyfriend or husband home to meet my parents. Five years and I never brought Jani home. 

My mom hugged me the second I walked in the house. I thought she was going to squeeze my intestines out! 

"M-o-o-m, st-o-o-o-p." I whined. 

"I missed you! I haven't seen you in months. Honey, are you eating? You're so thin." Ugh, she's going to ramble now...

"Yeah, mom, I've just been sick." I said. She started feeling up my forehead and touching my face. I pushed her hand away, replying, "Mom, I'm fine. It's just the flu." 

"Just the flu? I doubt that. It's all that stress the record company puts on you. They make you travel too much!" 

"I'm okay. The guys take good care of me." I smiled. 

She has no idea how far that spans. My mom knew about Jani, from the pictures on my Instagram and everything, but they never met. 

Her and I walked to the kitchen. She poured me a fresh cup of coffee and we sat down at the kitchen table together. I'm sure my dad was at work, thankfully.

"Well, shouldn't Jani be taking care of you?" She asked. 

"No, we broke up." I wasn't going to mention why or where he is...

"Good, maybe you can find a nice girl now." I heard my father's voice. Fuck, he wasn't at work. I really wasn't up for seeing him.

I sighed into my coffee. "You know I don't want a nice girl." I muttered.

"Sometimes want and need are two different things." He said. 

My hand tightened around my coffee. My mom set her hand on my arm, to try and tell me to let it go. 

"Are you seeing anyone new, Dear?" She changed the subject.

"Yes," I replied. "But we're going slow." 

I smiled to myself as I thought about Chris. The look in his eyes when he was happy, and that perfect smile. Ugh, he was just perfect. I really wish I could bring him back home, and boast about how amazing he was. That would never happen unfortunately. Maybe I can introduce him to my mom someday, but never my dad. I wouldn't hurt him like that. 

My dad would tear Chris apart, just like he does to me. The difference is he's my father, not Chris'. It just wouldn't be right. I still love Chris to death, and that's exactly why I can't bring him home to my parents. He's taking me out on the town tonight though. I'm sure that'll make me feel better after my father made me feel like shit.