9 | Misunderstood

| Ricky's POV |

Sitting on my ass hurt now since Jani dropped me on the floor. I kept having to lean on my hip when I was sitting down. He made sure to solve that problem for me, by putting me on my knees. Of course we were interrupted, which he blamed me for, since they were my friends. All that came out of it though was him being a little more aggressive when he took advantage of my throat.

Even without full on sex, I felt dirty about it. Only whores give blowjobs. At least, that's what my overly religious dad used to say. He disowned me when he found out I was gay. A lot of people walked out of my life when they found out, but I still had the guys and Jani. The fans even know! But most of them think I'm bisexual because I've "dated" women. Jani has been my only real, serious relationship in my life.

We have so much history together; good and bad. I rested my head against Jani's shoulder as a commercial break came on the TV. "You know, our five year anniversary is coming up."

"I know." He smiled. "I never forget."

Jani played with my hair as I rested in his arms. I grinned up at him, and he took the advantage to kiss me. His lips against mine made me melt. Then I suddenly had to pull away from him to cough.

He put his hand on the small of my back. "Oh, Baby. You really aren't well, are you?" Jani said.

"I'm fine." I replied hoarsely.

"You're sick! Don't argue! Just lay down here on the couch. I'll bring you some tea."

I nodded, resting my head against the armrest. He went and started the kettle, then came back to give me a blanket. See, this is the side of him, that the others don't know or see. This is why I put up with the arguments and the fact he's always busy. Because, moments like these, show why I love him! And that he does truly love me.

Jani came back over to the couch. He set some things on the table, then helped me sit up. Then he felt my forehead and frowned. "You've got a bad fever, Babe. I'm going to go find something to take your take your temperature. Here, take some cough syrup so you can sleep later."

He handed me a little medicine cup of it. I hated the taste of cough syrup, but I forced it down because I hated coughing more. It made me choke a bit, luckily there was tea he just set down for me as well. It was hot, but it felt good on my soar throat.

I hope I get better soon. I hate being sick, and I can't tour like this! At least I have a good caretaker, whether the others think so or not. He does care about me!

After he took my temperature and discovered it was a little high, too high for his liking, he told me to go straight to bed. Jani helped me get in bed, giving me some Advil for the headache coming on. Then he went to do a little work for a while, and I fell asleep before he even came to bed himself.

Eventually, I woke up in the middle of the night, coughing my lungs out! My throat burned and my head was pounding. Everything had worn off, and I was an even worse mess than when I started.

Jani sat up in bed and started rubbing my back while I tried to bed through my coughing fit. When I was done, he gently pulled me against his chest, kissing the top of my head. "My poor angel." He mumbled. "I'll go get you some more medicine. You just rest."

"Can you get me my sleeping pills while you're up?" I asked.

He stared down at me for a moment, then sighed. "Ricky, you know how I feel about you taking those."

"Please. My head is killing me and I just want to sleep through the night." I begged.

"Okay." He unwillingly agreed.

Yeah, even Jani didn't like me taking sleeping pills. They were prescribed to me to help with insomnia and the nightmares, but I use them for my anxiety every once and a while. He thinks it's starting to become a problem for me. I don't think so. The others don't know about it, but Chris caught me taking some the other night. He still doesn't know what I was taking, and I hope he never asks.

Jani quietly walked back in the bedroom. He flipped on the lamp, setting some things down. After he doused me with meds, we both attempted to go back to sleep, with hopes I wouldn't wake him up again because I'm sure he wants to enjoy sleeping in when he doesn't have to work.

He laid on his side, and wrapped his arm delicately around my waist. I felt safe here. Surprisingly, I did. There was still something missing though...