↳ chapter five: 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴.

𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒⁰⁰⁵-

𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒⁰⁰⁵
-

"Come over, sweetheart, I need you," The text read

"Come over, sweetheart, I need you," The text read. Your heart dove out of its chamber as you read through the text. Your calloused heart pounded as you didn't expect a text from Satoru as if now, but you knew better than to hook up with him when you were not whisked away by allure. So you simply shut him out. He cheated first so you were not obliged to get with him unless you yourself wanted a quick fuck, which was rarely ― but even rarely felt like an everyday thing, though it wasn't.

A simple 'fuck off' was typed by you as you stole a glance at Megumi, who seemed to be rather distracted from the show displayed in front of him, illuminating his features to a degree as you had closed the large curtain so he could focus. His bleak innocent eyes locked with yours as he hesitated to speak, conflicted on whether he should speak his mind or not.

"Do you want something, 'Gumi?" You ask, saving the boy the trouble of mustering up the courage of making it known that he desired for something.

"Your phone. Do you have the Miraculous game on there? I want to play." Your heart jerked for a split second, your mind pounding with confusion, as you thought he wanted to go through your phone, or rather, your explicit and sultry messages with Satoru, that were sent a week ago ― about him wanting you, and how he was addicted to you.

But clearly not addicted enough if he cheated. He was pussy whipped, but he wasn't tamed by you mentally.

"Is your fingers clean? You don't have sticky fingers, right?" You question the boy, your lips perched, angled in an obscure way as you interrogated the boy, disdaining the thought of your phone becoming sticky, roughened over with residue from the boy's fingers.

"Never. Papa said he hates when I have sticky fingers, he thinks it's disgusting," Megumi huffs, glancing at his clean fingers, wiggling them in your face as he showed you his sterile fingers.

"That's good, be lucky I have the game and have all the characters unlocked," You flex. "Lucky, wish I had all of them!" Megumi huffs, pouting at you as if he wanted you to buy him the characters.

"Have you not asked your dad?" You queried, handing Megumi the phone, his facial expressions becoming altered with joy.

His large smile sunk, a few strands of his raven hair swaying about as he looked down at the ground, circling his fingers around each other as if he was in a gloomy state, littered with a wisp of anger. "He said no. He said the game isn't worth spending money on as if it isn't three pounds. I wonder if Papa is broke." Megumi sighs.

You hold in your laughter as he begins to play the levels you hadn't had time to finish yet. "I hope not. I'm trying to get paid," You lowered your tone, hoping he isn't listening to you.

"We'll fight together! I'll get the Miraculous characters. I want Kagami!" You scrunch your face in subtle disgust. "You like Kagami? I don't even know what to say..."

"No! I only like how she looks when she is akumatized," He corrects you, a ghosted smile on his face as he inched closer to you, presenting how much progress he had made.

Megumi likes you, he felt safe around you, safer than how he felt with his other babysitters. You were oddly comforting, you even had a mutual fondness in the show he loved watching. There was no harshness behind your tone, only a sweetness behind your voice. He felt safe, but he didn't know if he'd experience that if you were gone, concealed from him. He wanted you to stay, he wanted you to remain pure, far from being corrupt by his dad. He wanted you as his mother figure, the female he needed there for him. The female he's never had in his life before.

He wanted a second opinion, not one based on his dad's words. He needed an opinion from someone he was willing to depict as his mother.

"'Gumi, have you finished?" You question him, your hand running over the remote as you attempted to cure your boredom.

"Just one more level, and tell Satoru, whoever that is, to close his mouth and to stop texting you. He almost distracted me." You inhale a slither of air.

"What did he say?" You felt your blood run cold, your joints in your leg run numb and your heart pounding within your throat.

"I'm sorry, please call me, b-baby," Megumi halts. "Gross." He adds on. "I miss you, my dog does too." Megumi finished off, scrunching his face in uttermost disgust.

"I can buy you a dog, you don't need no man. You don't need him, only me. Not even Papa can have you, you and I are buddies," Megumi rants on, his brows and lips rising in sadness as he didn't see what you saw in that man, he was confused. Megumi was everything, he was determined to be the person that becomes the light to your nocturnal gloom, he was going to be it.

"We're Miraculous buddies, I don't need them. Only your father for that paycheck," You reassure him, smiling as his fist scrunched up and he rose it in the air, grinning as he had completed every stage for you.

"Take all of Papa's money. We need to get that game pass and anyway, I want that cocomelon plush from Amazon―"

"The cocomelon plushes are ugly, they'll scare you. Get a Miraculous plush!" You pat his shoulder gently as he looks for another game to conquer.

"They're ugly, cursed! I almost wet myself because of how ugly they are," Megumi shivers as the image is displayed in his mind as clear as day, causing him to shake his head and stick his tongue out in disgust.

"I know what you're talking about now, forget I said that―"

"I still want the cocomelon plush, not even you will stop me. I want to grow my plush collection! If I don't, I'll be...?" He was stumbling on his words, his lip twitching. "Angry? Sad? Hyper? Put your dad in a care home when he's older for him not buying you the game pass? What is it 'Gumi?" You implore.

"Sad and a little bit angry..." Megumi bites at the skin on his thumb. "Don't do that, your fingers will look as if they're in shackles, 'Gumi." He sighs.

"I won't, I guess," A sigh is drawn from his lips. "Pinky promise and I'll buy you the plush, hm?" You gently look at him, your eyes softening at the tranquil sight of the boy.

"Pinky promise!" Megumi proclaims, his eyes glimmering as he felt himself grow giddy at the thought of being able to grow his ever-growing plush collection that adorned the frame of his bed.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄