↳ chapter six: 𝘬𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘯.

𝐊𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐍⁰⁰⁶-

𝐊𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐍⁰⁰⁶
-

12:59 am it was, your body felt limper than what you had desired for it to be

12:59 am it was, your body felt limper than what you had desired for it to be. Megumi was currently slumbering within the smooth soft haven of his ample bed, embroidered with dozens of plushies that provided an aura of serenity for the boy. You had permitted him to settle within your lap for a few hours at a time as the calloused palms of sleep were writhing upon his fragile frame, tickling away at his thread worth of consciousness.

He was desperately attempting to not depart from the soothing aura radiating off of you. He felt as if your lap was a fitting place, and he was hesitant to sever the tie that remained between the both of you. But in the mere twisted end, he was at a disadvantage. Both of your soft hands, clasped onto his body, tenderly, cradling him, gently as you arose from the ground, your butt numb as you widened your bedroom door and leaving it, Megumi still sheltered within your warmth as you attempted to find his room.

Once his room was a finger away from your reach, you opened the room, careful to not drop the slumbering boy. You admired the setting of his room for a sheer second before altering your resolve; you were supposed to be placing a child down to sleep, not admiring his room. You silently walked over to his large bed, lifting the duvet cover before you placed his frame between the plushies, sheltering him away between them, then you placed the covers onto him, with a single goodnight.

"Goodnight, 'Gumi," You whispered, having the urge to kiss his forehead as a way of goodnight, but you felt as if you had no right to. He was far from your son in a way, yet he still felt as if he was your child, a child for which you had the urge to sacrifice your being for. There was a single factor about the child that made you merely want to carve into the thought of staying solely for him ― and of course the money you were set to be obtaining.

"Goodnight, Y/n," Megumi slurs out, stirring within his customised, Miraculous bed sheets, riddled with the beautiful design of Adrien and Marinette glazed upon the covers. The moment the words descended from his lips, you darted away from him in a hushed manner, diverting the sound your feet made with a soft humming sound that used to lull your siblings to sleep as you cared for them.