↳ chapter thirteen: 𝘴𝘶𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘯.

𝐒𝐔𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐍⁰¹³

𝐒𝐔𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐍⁰¹³

mind errors.

You woke up, being gentle as Megumi still rested on top of you. You felt a thick blanket against the two of you, making you analyse what potentially happened as you fell asleep minutes after Toji had entered the room — only because you were heavily tired. It seemed as if he had roamed the room, his curiosity grabbing a hold of him as he questioned why it was rather silent. As, you and Megumi were always loud, listening to music, helping him with his homework, or dancing to the intro of the littlest pet shop.

You couldn't bring yourself to wake up Megumi as you knew he would complain about not being in the soft comfort your arms guaranteed him. You didn't want to bring the kid discomfort as he writhes on top of your chest, his lips parted as he shifted the side of his head against you, finding peace in your posture that was sculpted for him — for him to rest upon.

You lightly comb your fingers through his hair, observing as he smiled, a subtle red tint pressed against his cheeks. Megumi adored it when someone played with his raven hair, it was an all-time favourite of his.

Though peace was never an option in this house, you heard the bedroom door slowly creak open, revealing Toji. If you had been warned, you would have closed your eyes again, getting out of the covers a few hours later. You knew it was work, but this was the only time you had gotten at least over three hours of sleep. Toji always had you sitting in his leather chair, browsing and organising meetings, replicating someone desperate to auction something off. But instead, you were stoic, unable to place enthusiasm in your tone of voice.

"Y/n? Are you awake?" His voice was scruffy, cradling a certain deep to it.

"I'm awake, Toji. Is there something you need?" At the cocking of your head, he refrains from moving any closer, as he was hesitant to intrude on Megumi's sleep – he couldn't function if his sleep was cut short.

"Yes. I need you to get Megumi ready, we're going to an amusement park," A blunt nod is dispatched to him as you lock your eyes with his, unable to glance at him any longer as a tint of hatred remained lingering in his eyes.