↳𝘢𝘳𝘤 𝘵𝘸𝘰: chapter nineteen: 𝘢 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘴.

6

6.5k words: a synopsis of acts: angst, crying, violence, a graphic depiction of gore, harming, uncertain future, comforting, murder, undisclosed pasts, slight fluff, mental breakdowns, cursing, mental trauma + potential more. vote! + mind errors + proceed with caution.

a/n: next chapter, things are going to get wicked.

Limbs tainted by sickness, a heart stained with sombreness, tears smeared upon your beautiful features, you lingered.

Unmoving, you lay beneath your covers, your heart unsound as you buried yourself within such a tainted warmth.

A warmth that was unable to level with the warmth that Toji had gifted you, a warmth he noticeably trusted you with. But how much of his words held sincerity? How much of his actions were merely the consequence of pure intentions? How much of it was? He had left your heart unable to render itself into commission.

It works for others, not for you.

As if you were guarding a fool's heart, you settle your brittle hands nearby your concealed chest — your hand reaching to feel your tainted heartbeat. Your heart thudded carelessly, syncing with the tears that you carelessly spewed — it felt as if your heart was one so battered and bruised.

It was unable to handle losing a man you were once bonded to, and a man you were unsure of how to feel about. Your heart was unsure of which one it solely wept for; there was not a single implication of it just mourning a singular one of them.

You were simply given no time to mourn the hurt within your heart, especially as you were expected to move on as if nothing had occurred. And such a thought left your heart unable to handle the matter, crying and screaming — far from in a mellow mood. A mellow mood that would tear you away from such a shallow experience.

Currently, you had been stored away in your room, the doors locked, as you ignored the entirety of everyone — you were unwilling to allow anyone access to your room. And with this timely method, time effortlessly scattered by, leaving you attempting to come to terms with the fact that you hadn't eaten since this morning. Your stomach was carelessly growling, yearning for food, but your mind held not a single ounce of motivation to attain food.