↳ 𝘢𝘳𝘤 𝘵𝘸𝘰: chapter eighteen: 𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦.

6

6.3k words: a synopsis of acts: light sexual acts, fluff, cuddling, angst, violence, slightly detailed depiction of gore, slight nudity, crying, manipulation, grieving, lying, mentions of guns, foul language, slight harassment, sadistic nature + potential more. vote + read with caution + ignore errors.

a/n: when I tell you, it's finally getting too good now. if happiness is not attainable rn, may you all suffer with me with this chapter!

A delicate warmth engulfed the room; it was too familiar and essential. As you remained heavily in pain, slightly gasping at the long-lasting effects upon your body, you feel the presence of Toji on your chest. He was softly sleeping, clinging onto you as the covers remained below his neck.

At first, you proposed that you were to collapse on his chest, being drifted away by the melody of sleep — but he proposed that he should be the one laying upon you. It was as if it was a last resort towards being gifted a comforting warmth from him, especially as you knew nothing was set to smooth over — you knew this.

Softly, your fingers run through Toji's complying, raven, hair, relishing a rare feeling you had never attained before: a sense of freedom. It was oddly a feeling that left you feeling as if you were his perfect significant other. A part of you, selfishly, didn't frown upon floating on that impossible boat. Mainly because complication was set to deeply occur. You knew this through the fact that nothing had ever come easy to you, and this intimacy had only built up the feelings you converted into hatred. A hatred that was shaped as fuel before it dies down, revealing the true nature of the hate itself.

Tears form in your sunken eyes; a sullenness provoked you. Your heart had lunged out of your chest, drawn out and scattered upon every district there was. Confusion was taunting your very existence, leaving you to intake the gentle scent of Toji — and how calm and reserved he remained.

Guilelessly, as an oath from your nature, you thrived to bury this thrilling moment within your incalculable heart — just so peace was able to thrive through your nature. Even if it was temporary, you weren't set to inform anyone that this had occurred — not even your beloved: Nanami.