↳ chapter ten: 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴.

𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒⁰¹⁰—

𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒⁰¹⁰

𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒⁰¹⁰—

"I canʼt do today, Y/n. I have a date with a beautiful woman. I donʼt see no problem, so tell me, do you have an issue, Miss L/n?" As Toji eagerly towers over you, his ebony eyes greet yours daringly. You cautiously guide the chair elsewhere, instinctively restricting such inappropriate contact between the two of you. Something so noticeably unprofessional, even if it was merely Tojiʼs feeble attempt in enabling fear inside of your stoic self.

"Itʼs none of my business, as after I'm done, Iʼm staying with Megumi, before going out." Tojiʼs distorted face becomes rather stoic at your blunt words. Your words create a problematic interference in the business he has set aside.

"You have to stay with Megumi, Iʼm not hearing a word against it." Toji departs from behind you, positioning his tense body in the chair opposite yours as he swiftly glances at you, dissatisfied with your lack of engagement in the conversation he lured you into.

"Iʼm leaving when Megumi falls asleep. I deserve to get fresh air, Toji. Just a five-minute walk." Youʼre writhing with a sense of defeat Toji willingly fed to you with a sadistic passion you disdained. Defeat launches itself around your frame as it pleased, presenting you as someone who has fallen victim to its assigned games. Games that do nothing more but fulfil the curve of hate you tend to, desperate to suppress. As a mere brush from it taints the stern facade that fits against your face.

"Megumi needs you for tonight, even if heʼs asleep. You can have Saturday and Sunday free. I just need you to tend to him, Miss L/n. And you already went out." Tojiʼs eyes remain callous as he fits his gaze into your own, leaving an uncomfortable feeling to wander in you as his raven eyes lingered for too long, causing you to shift in your seat as his impenetrable gaze unsettled you.

"Okay, this is for Megumi, Toji. He comes first, always." Your lips began to partially falter as you were understandably weary. Your limbs, in your body, was ablaze with dire pain as you attempted to move around; you wanted to wash comfort over your on edge body. You noticed how your, once-maintained, mood had begun to deplete, but Megumi kept your cobbled mind and unsound soul in tranquillity, contradicting his father.

"Papa, can I come in?" You hadnʼt realised how much time had slipped by, since you had pleaded for an ounce of time to be spared for you to maintain your emotions in the silence of the ethereal night. Something so supernatural resembling, it surfaced an emotion you couldnʼt raise above the surface: peace. You felt rather guilty about unknowingly breaking the formed promise between you and Megumi, despite his face remaining stoic as he glanced at his father, his raven eyes meeting his in earnestness as he came to inform him about something. "Come in, Megumi."

Megumi inched closer to his father, his gaze fixated onto his father as he closed in on him, his body resting beside the desk as his father shifted his gaze down at him, a faint ounce of tension leaving his body.

"Do you have to have your 'mistress' here? How will I be able to eat, Papa?" Megumiʼs small fists are partially balled before he subconsciously frees them, his timidity ablaze as he glances at you, a ghosted smile encapsulated onto his lips as your presence brought him a sense of calm.

"How else, Megumi? With your hands." Toji retorts, admiring the frown buried into Megumiʼs face as he listened in on his words, not the least bit impressed.

"Papa, does she really have to come around?" Megumi glides his fingers over the smooth desk in disdain, a subtle huff leaving his lips as Toji meets his gaze; heʼs stern against his eyes.

"Megumi, you know this. Liliana has to come around. I do not take no for an answer, so tell me, Megumi. Do you mind Lïliana coming over?" Megumiʼs gaze piles up with an ominous sense of complex rage as his frail fingers saunder against the desk. His doe eyes falter, lowering to a degree where he felt somewhat powerless towards the advantages of his father. The man who was supposed to grant the important wishes he sometimes needed, wasnʼt respecting his needs.

"I donʼt care for what you do, Papa. You prefer to bring in your side-girlfriends in more than what you let me eat? Iʼm leaving now, nothing has changed." Megumiʼs frame journeys for the door in sombreness. His head wields a turmoil-laced sense of irritation as heʼs trailing for the door, leaving Toji in a trance of newly-acquainted confusion. Toji remains unmoving as he waits for Megumi to be cleared of the first floor before he turns to you, his raven eyes rather indecipherable as he glimpses at you, equipping words to desperately emit from his lips.

"Can you go check on Megumi?" Toji suppresses the silence, allowing his tone to infiltrate the atmosphere as you remained conflicted on what to do, or what path you'll allow your thought process to take.

"I was going to do that anyway. But Mr Fushiguro, at least check up on your son, he would cherish the thought of you at least spending more time with him than you do with your women." The same stoic expression mounts against your features as you speak to him in uttermost disappointment, your eyes yearning to dart away from his features.

"And what do you know about the women I bring here?" Tojiʼs flat tone is on a level that's intimidation is incomprehensibly chilling, leaving you in stillness on your chair, before you etched away at the unnerving emotion that entombed inside of you for a while. Megumi was your priority now, so you wanted to at least inform Toji of his flaws as he refrained his son from doing so.

"I know enough to know it's hurting your son. Do better for him." You leave your seat in a sense of disappointment, readying yourself to inch your way upstairs to comfort Megumi, as you had done a few times this week, all because of the selfishness that failed to subside in a part of Tojiʼs body: his mind.

As you trailed up the marble stairs, a knock was placed against the front door, brewing all the unsettling emotions within you, as you knew one hell of a dreary night was bound to take place in the house, and all you needed to do was settle Megumi in a place where your care laid before things head for a turn.

toji will get character development slowly, lol. i hope you enjoyed ;)