↳ chapter sixteen: 𝘪𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴, 𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

𝐈𝐅 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐒, 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔⁰¹⁶

7.1k words. a summary of acts: angst, violence, gruesome descriptions, psychology, aftermath of sex, anger, coming to terms with reality, near death experience, humiliation, fluff, unestablished emotions, distorted reality, light intimacy + more acts. vote + read w caution. mind my errors!

a/n: I just wanted to get this chapter out to mark the end of 2022. currently: 11:47pm, 31st December, 2022.

Swiftly, you permit yourself to dart over to the window. With precision, you equip his gun, familiarising yourself with it, before you shot at the shooters, attempting to leave the car. They thought the large place was stranded. With resentment, you allow yourself to momentarily ponder on all you were set to do. If you were to take a life, you weren't willing to come back from such a thing. But if they mentally wounded you? Or physically smeared bullets within such soft skin you had?

Even as you remained momentarily pondering, only for less than a few seconds, you let your eyes to hang low. A part of you was rather tired of it all: being scrutinised, your privacy always so swift to be breached, the fixation from many men who lingered within such an industry. But even as you turned many down, with a firm no, they still pondered on your presence. Mainly, when this did occur, you would always observe as a blank expression lingered on Toji's unrevealing face.

Regardless, even so, you were sometimes never able to encounter the men once more. Naturally, a part of you wondered if Toji had allowed himself to selfishly wield their lives, resting more taken lives in a tainted halo that hovered above his head. He had never once disclosed this to you, so you were unsure if many of them remained. But judging by the twitch in Toji's stoic expression, you were able to tell they were probably greeted by the foul hands of death. But maybe to them, death wasn't foul, as it was an escape from such a tainted reality?

After he heard many of his men compliment your body in such an intimate way, you were sure he hadn't hesitated to kill a few of them. In a way, you were able to tell by the bloodstains that rested upon his features. But even so, he was over the moon, just by the thought of harming others for your sake. He only did so for Megumi's well-being.