↳ 𝘢𝘳𝘤 𝘵𝘸𝘰: chapter seventeen!: 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘥𝘪𝘦, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

8

8.0k words. a synopsis of acts: smut: unprotected sex, rough sex, crying, overstimulation, sneakiness, releasing inside of the reader, comfort intimacy, missionary, nipple biting, a stomach bulge, oral (f), forbidden kisses. a synopsis of smut-free acts: numbness, anger, ungraspable emotions, consoling, regret, straightforwardness, mental cheating + more. vote + ignore errors.

a/n: I folded; enjoy.

Stirring, your heart full of shame and deep regret, you remained deeply awake. A part of you yearned to accept the fate of slumbering, but at the same time, you were unable to accept the encounter you had solely experienced around Toji. It was as if he had exposed you to a soft side of him that had always existed. However, you always viewed the side as threatening — as something troublesome. It made you widen your eyes, figuring out how much of him you had misinterpreted; it was all so confusing.

Though a lot of his gestures were once rude, and he had concealed them with subtle acts of niceness, you couldn't help but wonder how much he posed himself to 'disdain' you. Because if he truly hated you, wouldn't he have ended you in the same way he had eradicated the presence of that woman? He hadn't thought once about doing so, solely pulling the trigger and dismissing the entirety of her presence. But with you, also holding a gun against his head, he could have swiftly flipped your position, but he never did so, allowing you to gain control of the situation. It all baffled you how he was also planting these small hints, yet you always viewed them as violence.

How come you never viewed him as truly soft when he would cuddle up with Megumi, reading him a bedtime story? How come you would never view him as soft whenever he would slightly dance around the kitchen, cooking breakfast for you all? Why weren't you able to separate his violent nature from his soft nature? But at the same time, that's the very thing that could get you killed. If you mistake someone's nature, favouring the stereotypically pleasing one, the one you fail to favour, it's likely to be the downfall you yearn to ignore.

"Shit, what have I gotten myself into?" You curl yourself further into a ball as you attempt to register the events from an hour ago. It left you questioning all of Toji's actions, even his most horrible ones. But it wouldn't be right for you to hold the grudge, knowing that you had done so yourself — you evened it out.