↳𝘢𝘳𝘤 𝘵𝘸𝘰: chapter twenty-two¡: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘮.

6

6.3k words: a summary of acts: soft smut: grinding, brief oral, breast acts, brief touching, nightmares, angst, violence, ptsd, dissociation, sadness, symbolism + potential more. read with caution + vote! mind my errors.

a/n: I'm back, but control is finally coming to an end...very soon.

A few days have scattered by, growing rather eventful. Rather eventful from the mere fact that Yuji's legally slowly set to remain within your custody. And with this, both you and Toji had brought yourselves to settle upon purchasing products that are fitting for the little boy. Products and toys that at least comfort his little heart.

Comfort his little heart through the death of someone he holds so dearly: his grandpa.

Through the silence of the night, you had to bring yourself to comfort the little boy — especially with the topic of death.

It isn't that he's familiar with it, but he knows his grandpa's presence lacks. He had seen his grandpa corrode away, right after he had permitted you to remain as Yuji's legal guardian. A guardian that's forever set to protect him; it's something you plan to do, regardless.

Relishing the calm night, you feel Toji's presence settle beside your own. His body remains so effortlessly positioned beside the entirety of your body, bringing you to grow so heavily comfortable beside him — so in love with his comfort. Comfort that leaves you smiling. Smiling at the fact that he remains.

It hugs your heart, particularly at the fact that he wasn't willing to bring himself to leave you elsewhere.

And with this, you couldn't help but skittishly settle within an erratic dream.

Within the dream located in a dreary setting, you discover yourself upon the nostalgic stairs — drawn to the idea of inching downstairs.

However, it seems as if it wasn't your younger self that lingers, but rather the current you, coated in Toji's pyjamas. Pyjamas that cover the entirety of you. Naturally, you glance down at how they coat every nimble part of you.