↳ chapter twelve: 𝘮𝘦𝘨𝘶𝘮𝘪'𝘴 𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦.

𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐌𝐈'𝐒 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄⁰¹²

𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐌𝐈'𝐒 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄⁰¹²

You departed from Toji, a subtle glance being gifted in his direction

You departed from Toji, a subtle glance being gifted in his direction. You could feel the sensation of lies that seem to slither out from between his teeth. He was right on some aspects, you thought, but how sensible was it to trust a man who wouldn't hesitate to send you to the gates of heaven? It was rather stupid if you invested your trust in him, leading yourself into a clouded abyss, smothered with the unknown.

"Y/n!" You could feel the screams of Megumi dart through your ears, bringing another entity of sullen inside you. You disdained the fact that you had led danger to yourself, but you knew that it was better to allow Megumi safety, unable to place himself in front of you. You knew the kid well. Knew him to the point you were aware of what he was bound to do. You had subconsciously become his therapist, tending to him in delicate situations whilst Toji remained vacant, unable to tend to neither of you. His screams laid death in Toji's ears as he lowered himself to feel the wound he had inflicted on the woman. You contemplated how the situation had happened so quickly, or why you had confronted such a situation. It may have been from that nagging voice that craved for answers, but regardless, you remained foolish.

You rushed up the stairs in overwhelming guilt, heading over to Megumi's room with your eyes against the ground. The ground didn't amuse you as you glanced at the stillness of it, a stillness you wish had no meaning. You could hear the torn cries that escaped the boy's throat as he was unable to avoid what was going on. You felt him pound his small fists against the door, his mind resenting you at the moment as you had tainted his serene. In guilt, you placed your hand against the knob of the door, slowly opening it as your eyes desperately searched for his hysterical state, only to find him now against the floor, tears pouring from his colourless eyes.

"'Gumi, I'm sorry," You murmured, unable to change your posture into a calm one as the sight of him tore at your stoic self. Darting over to him you proceeded to do, planting yourself on your knees as lowered yourself low enough, clearing the tears off of his porcelain face.

"You promised you wouldn't leave me, Y/n. You promised you wouldn't do anything stupid. You promised that no matter what happened, we would always be together. You even said that I always made you happy, so why?" Megumi cries as you place your arms around him; you brushed your fingers against the spot nearby his ear.