Chapter 10

Five days have passed since I've moved into my new flat and since Lucas surprised me in front of my door. I've settled into my new flat pretty quickly, also thanks to my boyfriend. He made the first few nights easy to sleep through. Other than two meetings I had with my managers, I spend every single free minute with Lucas. I pretty much grew up in London from age 10 onward, so I showed him the city and surroundings. It was his first time in UK's capital. 

I was walking through the streets of downtown London right now, coming back from one of the meetings I had with my managers. I sat down with Julian and some other employees in his office to discuss some further options I got because of my role in Toxic. One movie offer really caught my eye. I thought the project was very interesting and it would be something new compared to working on a Netflix show. Other than that, I would love to film another season of Toxic, but Netflix didn't know yet if there is going to be a second one. Sad for me, I loved the project and the crew around it. I just had to wait and see how things develop. 

After a couple of more minutes of walking, I arrived at the café I agreed to meet Lucas in. A bell rang, as I opened the glass door and entered the small room. There were tables set up everywhere and a couple of people were sitting and chatting to each other, not caring who entered the room. I scanned the café, then recognised Lucas sitting in the corner to my far right. Smilingly, I walked over to him and hugged him from behind. He was staring down onto his phone and therefore didn't see me coming. 

"You look busy.", I said as he turned around and greeted me with a smile. A quick kiss was exchanged, before I sat down across from him, facing the aisle that led to the service counter. 

"I'm not.", Lucas responded. "I was just texting my management about my flight. See if it was still on. There is pretty bad weather above the US somewhere."

"Oh no.", I said. I felt sad. I didn't want him to leave again. I really enjoyed the past few days. It was the first time we could actually be affectionate outside because now our relationship was public. Just spending time with Lucas was amazing and I could do it all day. But we both knew he had to go back to the United States this evening. He had appointments and work and interviews and all that. Just like me. Still, I wanted him to stay and spend some more time together.

"Yea.", he just responded. "But they said it was okay and my flight was still on."

"Okay." My words were quiet and I grabbed his hand. He weakly squeezed, then smiled at me as he put his phone face down onto the table.

"Please, don't be sad.", he said. 

"How can I not be sad?", I asked back a little confused. "I really enjoyed the past days." My face faced the small metal table we were sitting at and I followed the lines with my eyes.

"So did I, but we both know I have to go back." His words sounded calm and thoughtful.

"I know." My words in comparison were silent and weak. 

"Please don't make it harder."

"I can't help myself.", I said, then looked up again. "But I'm not going to ruin our coffee date." A true smile appeared on my boyfriend's lips. I loved his smile dearly. 

"That's the spirit.", he stated and turned around as somebody asked me what I wanted to drink. I ordered a coffee with milk and we were left alone again. Lucas leaned back and let go of my hand to grab the cup that was sitting in front of him. 

"So. How was the meeting? Signed any new contracts?", he asked me and took a sip from his coffee. I leaned back as well, letting my gaze wander through the room once more. 

"It was good. There are some offers, one in particular that I think is very interesting, but I didn't sign anything yet.", I explained.

"Why not?"