Chapter 29

Fifi stayed the night over at my place. She wanted to, on one hand, and I needed her to as well, on the other hand. I didn't want to be alone that night. I didn't know how bad the pain was going to become in the night if I would be alone, so I asked her to. And she happily and immediately agreed. I loved her, so much, and I just hoped that she knew that.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt like shit. My hair was messier than usual and I knew I had heavy black bags under my eyes. I could just feel it. Rubbing my eyes, I stood up from my bed and walked over to the bathroom to check myself out. I wouldn't say I was surprised at my appearance because I kind of expected it to be this bad. My eyes were still puffy from all the crying I did last night and the quality of my sleep also suffered from that, which resulted in heavy and deep black bags underneath my eyes. I didn't bother though, because I wouldn't be leaving the house today.

I quickly brushed through my hair and put it up in a high messy bun, then left the bathroom. I looked around to find Fifi's side of the bed empty. Then I looked at the clock. 10:04 in the morning. I didn't remember the last time I slept in this late, but it felt great. I knew I had two or three days off right now, but I wished it would be more. I didn't want to work with that management anymore and I needed to do something about that.

Something shattering in the kitchen grabbed my attention and I turned my head to the door, which was completely useless because it was shut. I slipped my bare feet into my comfortable slippers and walked towards the kitchen.

When I entered the room, there was a pan on the stove, where eggs were being fried. I could smell some toast being roasted in the oven. The table was also completely set up with juice, cut fruits and vegetables, and tea. Fifi really went her way only to prepare this amazing food for me.

"You really didn't have to do this, you know?", I asked into the room because I didn't know where she was right now. Ast the sound of my voice, a head shut up from behind the counter and looked at me startled. When Fifi recognised me, she relaxed a little bit.

"And you didn't have to startle me like this, but here we are.", she responded and made me laugh a little. Her legs brought her up again, so her upper body was now over the counter. Her hands hold shards of glass. Guess this was the shattering sound I just heard.

"I'm sorry.", I said.

"No, I'm sorry about this." Fifi motioned to the glass in her hand as she walked over to the bin and threw it away. "I didn't mean to break anything."

"It's alright. No biggy. It's just a glass.", I said and shrugged my shoulders. "Can I help you with anything?"

"No, I'm alright.", my best friend answered me from the stove and stirred through the eggs. "How are you feeling?"

"Like a piece of shit.", I answered numbly and put a grape in my mouth.

"I bet. I just wished I could do something to make you feel at least a little bit better.", she replied. "Can you think of something?" I took a second to think about that but only one thing came to my mind.

"Only of one thing, but that's nothing you could do.", I replied and took another grape.

"And what would that be?"

"Calling Lucas and throwing everything at him. I bet he doesn't even know I know about everything.", I explained. My thought made my best friend turn around to face me. Her face was lit up with excitement.

"That is a great idea.", she agreed to my surprise.

"It is?", I asked back.

"Yes!", she almost screamed. "Just think about it. You call him out right now, tell him everything that you found out, and lose some of that anger and sadness that is stored up in you right now!"