Chapter 48

When I woke up in the morning, some sunlight shined onto my face. I blinked a few times to get used to the sudden exposure to light. A warm arm was wrapped around my chest. I smiled as I saw Lando laying on his stomach next to me, his other arm underneath the pillow. His mouth was slightly open and I could only imagine the small wet spot on the pillow underneath his face. The muscles on his back moved underneath his skin when I slightly shifted his arm off of me. At this moment, I was eternally grateful for my smartwatch having a silent alarm. With a swift motion, I pushed the blanket off me and sat up. As carefully as I could, I stood up from the bed. Looking back at my boyfriend, I put the blanket back over his topless body and made sure he was still asleep when the white fabric was back in place. 

I grabbed Lando's shirt from last night off of the floor and ut it over my sports bra. I didn't bother to put on any shorts of any sort. Lando's house was always well heated, even though it was mid-November and it started to get unpleasing outside in the UK. With as quiet steps as I could take, I left Lando's bedroom and closed the door behind me. To be honest, it wasn't just Lando's bedroom anymore. I have been staying over for the past week and just before that, Lando had cleared a drawer in one of his closets for me to keep some clothes at his place. Luckily for me, he didn't have to work as much the past week and I had taken some time off as well. The F1 season was almost over, only four weekends were left and the fight for third place in the constructor's championship was still hot. Lando had been working so hard, I had to argue with him to take a couple of days off that Zak and Andreas had offered him this week. I finally got him to agree when I said we would spend each day together. 

When the door of the door fell into the lock, I couldn't help the smile from spreading over my face. I had been looking forward to this day since a couple of weeks after Lando and I started dating. It took some calls and appointments to manage everything that I had in mind but it all worked out well in the end. Now I just hoped Lando would love the things I had planned as much as I enjoyed planning them. My feet almost ran into the kitchen. Even though I had planned it a little differently, I was still on schedule. I intended to prepare some things and decorations last night, but Lando didn't want to go to bed earlier than me, as I had imagined. But that was not a problem. I just set my alarm a little earlier and decided to set up the surprise now. I opened the cabin door in the corner of the kitchen and grabbed the things I had bought last week. 

I decided to start with putting up the big garland, that showed "Happy Birthday" and tried to hang it up over the windows in the dining room. It turned out to be harder than I expected and to my surprise, I get it up without falling from the chair I was standing on. When I looked at the final product, I was happy with how it looked. Next up, I blew up some balloons and pinned the ends to the walls. The dining room now looked somewhat presentable to the guests that would be soon arriving. I turned my attention to the big dining table and put some decorations on as well. At Lando's seat, I put down a special plate, that simply said Happy Birthday on it and made sure to put some extra confetti around it. I had baked a cake myself yesterday and managed to keep it hidden from Lando. I wasn't sure how, but I managed. I put the cake down in the middle of the table. The light red icing went well with the red and blue decorations I had just set up. 

Now that the decorations were done, I went back to the kitchen in the next room. I had decided to cook a massive breakfast for Lando and the guests that were coming over. I just had to make sure it would be somewhat healthy. Lando's team had been complaining that he had gained some weight and he needed to watch what he eats so the car wouldn't be too heavy. Jon was nice enough to help me with some recipes and I was more than curious to see how they would turn out. 

Jon had sent me a couple of recipes but I only decided on three of them. I already prepared a massive box of protein oats last night. They were supposed to be tasting like peanut butter and chocolate cups, but I haven't tried it yet. It was high protein and somewhat low calorie, so perfect for Lando, who had of course noticed me making a massive amount of oats last night. When he asked why I played it off by saying I was preparing my breakfast for the next few days. I didn't know if he bought the lie, but he didn't ask any further questions.