Chapter 35

Lando held his promise and helped find me new management. Just a couple of days after our meeting, I wouldn't want to call it a date, he called me and told me his father would love to meet me in person to talk about options he had. I loved the idea, even though it made me somehow very nervous to think about meeting his father. I felt like it was something official, and Lando and I were just friends. But friends knew the parents of each other, don't they?

I was just getting ready to get going again in Fifi's flat when she walked into my room. I had just come back from a flat inspection yesterday in London, but it wasn't what I was looking for. 

"What's up, looser.", Fifi greeted me with a grin on her face. I chuckled. 

"Hey.", I said back and watched her sitting down on the bed through the mirror. I only needed to finish my mascara, then I was ready to leave again.

"What are you up to?", she then asked me and scanned my face through the window. 

"I'm about to leave. Lando texted me to meet his father and him to discuss a possibility of new management.", I explained. 

"Lando, huh? He did that?" Fifi wiggled her eyebrows. I gave her a slightly annoyed gaze, then turned around with a playful smile on my face. 

"Yeah, he did.", I replied. "And I met with him some days ago in Woking, when I told you I'll be looking for a flat." My best friend looked at me in disbelief. Then she grabbed the closest pillow and threw it in my direction. 

"You did what!", she almost screamed at me. I couldn't reply, so I let my laughter be the answer she got. 

"You lied to me!"

"I'm sorry?", I asked more than I stated. "I knew you would freak."

"Ehm, yeah. You bet I would. That's the guy you like and you just get up yourself and got yourself a date!" She was so excited about this and I knew I had to stop her high soon. I needed to be honest with her and tell her that I turned him down. For now. 

"It wasn't a date.", I set straight and looked at her in all seriousness. "Because I turned him down for now. Well, at least a relationship with him." Another pillow flew in my direction. 

"Tia, what the hell!" Now Fifi was fully screaming and I was worried about the neighbours. I knew Fifi had some problems with them before, so I wanted her to stay quiet. 

"Stay calm.", I told her and dropped the pillow to my right side, where the other one was laying on the floor as well. "It's just for now. I told him I needed to figure so many things out right now and I am not ready for another relationship yet. He completely understood and offered me to help." A smile appeared on my face as I remembered the words he used. 

'I would never cut you out of my life. I would rather have you in my life as a close friend than not have you in my life at all. You're worth the wait.'

Fifi stared at me still not believing what I had just told her. When I focused back on her face completely, her face softened. 

"He said something adorable, didn't he?", she asked me immediately knowing what was going on. I just nodded and continued to smile. "That's great."

"I know. I don't deserve him.", I said and stood up from the chair.

"You do deserve a guy like that.", she told me seriously. I laughed a little.

"Yea, you're right. I do.", I joked and flipped my hair back in a playfully sassy way. Fifi joined my laughter. Then I laid my eyes on the clock on my phone. 

"Alright, I have to go. Talk to you tonight.", I said and grabbed my backpack from the other chair in the room. 

"Alright, good luck. Or whatever you say when looking for new management.", Fifi said and I quickly thanked her before leaving the flat.