Chapter 33

After the phone call with Daniel and Lando, I did have the energy and motivation to take a shower. The warm water relaxed my muscles and gave me the feeling of being happy for once. It was weird but felt amazing and if I was being loved. Later that day, after going on a walk with her, Fifi and I made dinner together. We also talked a lot, about different things and took many doubts off of me. 

Fifi spent some time on that same day planning the day with Lando and Daniel, and today was the actual day. When Fifi and I got ready in the morning, she couldn't shut up about how excited she was about this day and about meeting the guys. I wished I could share her excitement but I was torn. I didn't know how I would react to Lando's presence. Guilt and the bad conscience still bugged me. And I knew my best friend knew something was up. She just didn't ask about it yet. 

Right now we stood in front of a café in one of the suburbs of Birmingham. It looked nice and cosy and I scanned the menu while waiting for the boys. All of the foods were heavy and sounded delicious. But I wasn't sure about what I would choose to eat. There were so many options and I was a little overwhelmed by them. While I was panicking about the food I was about to have, Fifi walked up and down in front of the glass wall of the café. 

"I hope they are on time today.", Fifi suddenly said as she stopped next to me. I turned my head and watched her scanning the menu. She seemed so nervous and I wasn't sure why exactly. The guys were great and I was sure they will all get along. At least I hoped so. I wanted them to get along because I loved them all dearly. 

"I'm sure they will be.", I ensured her and smiled a little. Her eyes met mine and I got a slight smile back. "Are you okay?"

"Uh-huh.", Fifi told and laid her eyes back on the menu. 

"You sure? You seem nervous.", I wanted to reassure myself. 

"I am a little nervous. I want this day to go well and I want it to have the exact outcome as I imagined.", my best friend explained to me and I nodded. 

"Either way, I am so thankful that you planned all of this." I smiled at her and this time I didn't need to fake it like the days before. 

"I would kill you if you weren't." For a second, Fifi shot me an annoyed glaze but that disappeared immediately when she broke out into laughter. I joined her and gave her a quick hug from the side. Just when I had rested my head on her shoulder for a second, a voice suddenly appeared from behind. I felt Fifi flinch and my head shot up and around. 

"Are we interrupting something?"

When I processed the initial shock, I recognised Daniel standing directly behind my best friend and me. He had a wide smile on his face like he was pleased with frightening us. His smile was contagious and I couldn't help but smile as well. My eyes then wandered to a person who was slightly standing behind Daniel. He watched the situation carefully, but with a weak smile on his lips. My eyes, though, went back to Daniel as he pulled me into a tight and long hug. 

"How are you?", he whispered into my ear. I needed this. This tight and long hug made me feel loved and comfortable. It took away some of the pain I constantly felt. 

"I'm okay.", I said as we pulled away and his eyes scanned my face as if he wanted to figure out if I was lying or not. He seemed pleased with my answer so I continued to meet Lando's eyes. In the background, I heard Fifi introducing her to Daniel. 

"Hey.", I said as I took a step towards Lando. He was just as unsure as I was about this entire situation. But I somehow didn't care and immediately opened my arms for a hug as I realised the weird atmosphere between us. I felt Lando relaxing and exhaling a breath he hold in my arms and it made me smile.