Chapter 50

It was one of those rare weekends, where I had no appointments, interviews, set days or anything else. It was one of those rare off days and I knew exactly how I wanted to spend it. Lando was in Brazil for the race tomorrow but Fifi was very much available for what I had in mind. 

Before I starred in Toxic and my career took off, we used to regularly have some shopping days on the weekends, when we both were not as busy with uni work. We haven't had one of these days in what felt like forever. So of course, Fifi immediately agreed when I asked her to join me. I didn't have anything specific in mind that I wanted to buy, I just wanted to wander around the different shops in London and see what we would find.

Even though the day looked much different from the days we used to have, it was a lot of fun. For the first time in a long time, I felt somehow like a normal person, although having personal security for shopping wasn't normal at all. It felt exciting to be finally doing something that normal people would do regularly. When you become a celebrity, those things are mostly not an option to spend time on. Even though it was nice to have everything planned and custom made for you, it was those simple things like this that brought meaning to life. 

"What about this one. I think that'd look cute on you.", I stated as I held up a top in front of my upper body to show it to Fifi. She was standing on the other side of the rack in the store we were in, scanning the piece of fabric that I held up. 

"I don't know.", she answered uncertainly. "I think that's more your style."

"Might be, but it would still look good on you.", I replied. But I saw in her eyes that she wasn't convinced to even try it on.

"I think, I'll just get these." She held up the shoes she had found the second we walked into the store. 

"Alright.", I said and started to move toward the till. I watched the two security guards move with me in the corner of my eyes. I went through some random shirts that were close to the till while waiting for Fifi to pay for the shoes. When she was done, I grabbed my bags from the lovely lady behind the counter and left the store with my friend. We were just chatting about what store we should go into next when I was stopped by some fans. I gladly stopped and took some pictures with them and signed everything that they wanted me to.

Luckily, it was still somewhat early in the morning, so not a lot of people were out on the streets yet. I couldn't afford that. Too many people would be dangerous to gather in the shopping zone. Fifi waited patiently for me to finish the fans. I had apologised before we went out if things like this happened, but she was totally fine with it. When I signed everything for them, I turned back to Fifi. But instead of starting to walk again, she was fixating on something further away. 

"Fifi?", I asked her. She was still staring at something.

"Don't freak out.", she just told me. 

"Why would I-" I cut off my words as my eyes followed the direction my friend was staring into. My body froze and I felt like I wasn't able to breathe. They were walking directly towards me, hair perfectly styled and clothes looking expensive. Right at the moment, I was able to think a clear thought, they stopped walking in front of me. As usual, her eyes stared directly into me and my soul. Noel and Adrien were by her side, carrying some shopping bags. They only looked at me. I knew they wouldn't dare to speak. 

"Hello, Tatiana.", my mother greeted me and she was leaning in to hug me, but one of my security guards stepped in between us. They must have gotten instructions from my management if such a case would occur. My mother glared at the broad-shouldered guy in front of her. 

"Am I not allowed to hug my daughter?", she asked rhetorically and wanted to move aside to be able to grab me but the guard moved with her. 

"No.", he simply said. I watched her expression drop and her glaring got even worse. I would have already crackled under her gaze, but the guard in front of me simply didn't care. Internally, I laughed and I knew my best friend was amused, too.