Chapter 45

When I opened my eyes in the morning, I immediately felt a warmth next to me. There was a bare arm wrapped around me from behind. We were laying close to the edge of the mattress, even though we had plenty of space on the other side. It seemed like Lando didn't care though. His chest was tightly pushed against my back and he hold me close with the arm that he had wrapped around me. As careful as I could, I tried to turn around so I could face him without waking him up. When I did though, I directly looked into his eyes. 

"Don't move.", he said with a deeper voice than normal. He was still sleepy, his eyes barely open and his voice still breathy from the night before. I smiled. It was unusual to hear his words coming out this deep, but I liked it. He closed his eyes for a moment. I reached up and moved my fingers among his cheek. When he felt the touch, he opened his eyes again and met my gaze. Without talking, he took my hand in his and kissed the back of it. I smiled even more. 

"Good morning.", I said. A small smile appeared on his lips as he closed his eyes again. I just knew that I was more of a morning human than him. He seemed like he needed another hour to fully wake up. His arm pulled me more into his chest. 

"Good morning, beautiful.", he answered. I started to trace my fingers over the muscles in his chest as a feeling of being comfortable and loved grew in my chest. A cold breeze went through the room and made me shiver a little. After all, I was not wearing much under the blanket. Neither was Lando. He didn't seem to care about the cold though. My fingers stopped tracing his skin to pull up the blanket up to my neck. I snuggled a little more into the warm fabric. Once more, I closed my eyes to rest some more.

"Do you have any appointments today?", Lando asked me after some moments of silence. I opened my eyes to look at him but he had his eyes still closed. 

"Yeah.", I said back. "I have an interview in the evening. I'll be a guest on the Graham Norton Show. And I should probably go over my lines for the next days one more." I turned my wrist to look down at my smartwatch. I quickly checked my messages because I had the feeling somebody texted me about another appointment I had today, which occurred spontaneously. I was right. Garrett texted me that he wanted to meet with me in the gym at 2, just right before getting ready for the interview. The next days will be busier, that's why he wanted to get another workout in my day. I wasn't sure if I was able to work out in the next few days.

"And seems like I'll work out with Garrett as well.", I added. I saw Lando nodding. He still didn't care to open his eyes. 

"Okay.", he just said. 

"Don't you have to work?", I asked him as I turned onto my back. I watched the ceiling a little as I listened to his voice. 

"Well, probably. I don't know.", he answered and I giggled. 

"What do you mean, you don't know?", I asked him. 

"I'm not as organised as you are.", he said, giggling a little as well. "I have to check my phone for that."

"Well, then go check it.", I told him. I didn't want to be the reason for him missing work or anything else. 

"I don't wanna.", he said unbothered. I wasn't as relaxed as he was though. Not knowing if he had any work or appointments today didn't let me rest. 

"Alright, then I'm gonna check it for you.", I said and sat up. I leaned over his body and let it purposely drop mine on him when I reached for the phone on the nightstand on the other side of the bed. He laughed and made some sounds of pain when I was laying over him. When I had his phone in my hand and I laid back down, I hit him playfully with the other hand. 

"Stop that. You didn't seem to care about me laying on you last night.", I laughed and he joined me. I saw that he was more awake now. He laid back onto his side and watched me trying to unlock his phone. He laughed as he watched me fail. But I simply turned the phone to his face and it was immediately unlocked via Face ID.