Chapter 20

Lando and Jon had talked a little longer about the entire situation after Lando's ranting about his thoughts. After about 10 minutes, the two still hadn't come up with a solution.

"No, mate."; Jon stated and looked at him in a completely serious way. "I really think you should talk to her. Or even him. Maybe you misunderstood?" He was sitting in one of the chairs now, while Lando was still leaning against the table with his hip. 

"Jon, come on.", Lando shot back a little annoyed. They went over that topic multiple times now. "I know what I heard. I made sure to hear just as much so I can correctly understand the circumstances."

"Alright, alright. Sorry." His trainer held up his arms in defence, then they crossed again in front of his chest. "I still think you should tell her, though."

"But it's not really my place to tell her, is it?", Lando argued back. "Besides, how am I going to do that? Just walk up to her and be like 'Hey, Tia. Your boyfriend isn't really your boyfriend and he's just pretending. I think you should know.' That's just plain stupid!" His hands went through his hair and pushed it back to its place. His eyes broke the eye contact for a second to scan the room, trying to sort and control his feelings and thoughts.

"Lando, you can't drive in this state, mate.", Jon said and mentioned towards Lando. "Just look at you. You're a complete mess."

"Don't you think I know that?", Lando said back, shooting his glare back onto his trainer. He didn't mean to be this harsh, but he couldn't control himself. "I know I am but I really can't tell her. Not today.", he added in a calmer voice. His eyes met the floor again. 

"Well, what if you talk to Lucas then? Confront him about it in a calm way?", Jon suggested. His voice was calm, which made Lando freak out internally even more. How could he be this calm? This entire situation was just fucked up. 

"I don't know if I can do that." Lando's answer was nothing more than a whisper. One of his hands automatically went up to his face and rubbed his eyes. "I feel so bad for her. She's going to be so crushed about this entire thing. I'm not going to stay calm when I would talk to him again, I think." Moments of silence settled in between the two. 

"Man, you fell for her hard, huh?" Jon didn't mean it in an ironic or kidding way. He was dead serious. Lando was thankful for his help. His trainer was one of the few people he could talk to about everything. He also showed him how he was actually feeling, every time he was confronted with new situations. It was crazy how well Jon knew Lando. 

"I did.", Lando agreed quietly, meeting the eyes of his trainer again. "I just want her to be happy. And I saw her yesterday and how happy she was about being here with Lucas. She really loves him, Jon, and he's going to destroy that happiness very soon." Jon listened and just nodded. Lando felt like he was repeating himself, but he didn't care. It was the truth and he needed Jon to understand that. 

"I just don't want to be the one who will deliver the news. But I also don't want her to live this lie any longer than she has to."

"And you're a hundred percent certain she doesn't know about this?", Jon asked once more, just to make sure. 

"Yes, two hundred percent.", Lando answered once more. Jon nodded again. He was thinking about this situation, trying to figure out the best way to react. 

"Well, if you ask for my honest opinion,", Jon started to explain his thoughts. "I think you should tell her. But not today. You should now try to focus on the race and try your best to score points. Afterwards, you have a weekend off. That's when you can tell her. This way you have an entire week to prepare to tell her."

"And how the hell will I be able to focus on the race?", Lando asked back, even though he liked the idea. It gave him time to think about how he will deliver the news and prepare himself for this situation.