Chapter 11

Lucas and I fought the entirety of the evening that day. I didn't know what was going on with him, but I tried to make sure he knew Lando and I were just friends. He wouldn't listen to me though and went to the airport by himself. Even after we have kind of settled the argument, because we both didn't want to leave each other like that, it still felt weird. Somehow it felt like we were drifting apart. Especially with him leaving me again. 

Now, it was Friday, and after an intense conversation with Julian, he had agreed that I could go to the British Grand Prix, but only if he joined me. He didn't like the idea of me being friends with the F1 drivers. In his opinion, they were a bad influence on me and would only distract me from important work. Guess my mother had planted that idea into his mind.

I agreed immediately to him coming along. Having him at my side wasn't as bad as not going to this mega event. The race weekend at Silverstone was always special. The track excitement and atmosphere were just incomparable. But before I could go there, I of course had some duties to do. Julian and I agreed to leave for the race circuit and therefore the hotel after my last appointment on Friday, which was an online interview via Zoom for BBC. I did that interview back in my flat in Knightsbridge. So that meant a two-hour drive was just ahead of me. One and a half-hour drive if you take the hotel as a destination. 

"So, I've heard somewhere that you are a big movie and TV series fan.", Nick Grimshaw introduced his next question and I nodded.

"I didn't know who told you but that's true. I love just sitting down and watching movies or shows. I could do it all day.", I explained and smiled because I thought that Nick got my reference. His eyebrows were raised and his white teeth shined through a big smile. He definitely got my reference.

"So I guess I don't have to ask what your favourite movie is? You just gave it away!", he stated and still smiled. I laughed. 

"Well, I don't know if I already gave it away, but yes, I do love the Marvel movies. I think I watched them at least five times each. But how could you not, you know? They're great movies." 

"I agree. Have you actually met some of the Marvel actors yet?", he asked me then, still very much invested in the conversation. 

"No, unfortunately not.", I said a little sad. "But you know, there's still time. And maybe I'll work with one of them someday, who knows?" I shrugged my shoulders and smiled. 

"Are you implying something?" Nick looked like he should be proud of himself because he thought I was about to give him the details about some new movie or something. But I wasn't. My face went serious, and I answered quickly to set things right. 

"Oh no. I'm just saying it would be a true dream come true."

"So, no plans for future productions or something?", he asked me just to make sure. 

"No, not yet.", I answered politely. I knew that I just had signed up for a new movie, but the official publication wasn't for another two weeks, so I needed to stay silent.

"And what about your other hobby? Music I mean. You know, we've all heard your amazing voice by now and I've also heard you play quite some instruments, is that true?", he asked me then. Where the hell did he get that information?

"It is. Where did you hear that?", I asked back. I didn't remember it coming up in any of the interviews I did up until now. There was no chance Nick could have known that because of something I said, I was certain about that.

"Well, I don't watch Formula One regularly but I heard one of the drivers talk about you and how well you've played the guitar and sang a song back at the hotel once." Nick's explanation got me thinking. Where did I play the guitar and sang with the Formula One drivers around?