Chapter 12

Back at the hotel, I texted Daniel to meet me in my hotel room. I also told him to bring Lando with him, so we could finally catch up properly and without being watched. That was about 20 minutes ago. The last time I checked my phone, the message got delivered, but he didn't read it yet. So I laid in my bed, listening to some quiet music through my speakers as I checked out some videos and pictures I was tagged in on Instagram. Most of them were posted by some fan pages of me, some others by fan pages of F1 drivers. I enjoyed especially these fan video edits some pages create. Most of them were so good and creative. I scrolled further down and stopped at a video that showed Daniel, Lando and me standing together. 

The video had some edited music in the background, some slowed down song I had heard in many other videos as well. The videos and pictures that were actually shown in the video were pictures from Lando, Daniel and me. The videos were slowed down as well. It looked good, I liked it a lot, but I knew if I would like it, a war or something else would break loose. I took a look at the caption, which said something about how unbelievable cute the trio of us was. I smiled and couldn't agree more. We looked like the type of friend group that would walk into a club or bar and would have the attention of everybody immediately, even if we were not famous or known for our sport. 

I decided to go back to my main page of Instagram now and scrolled through the new posts in my feed. Nothing special, you're usual selfies, group or party photos. Nothing that actually grabbed my attention. Bored, I searched Lando's Instagram and went through his story first. It showed some pictures of today's practice, then a photo of his team. The third and last photo in his story was a picture taken by Kym Illman. I knew him. He was a photographer of the paddock that liked to publicly post his pictures to Instagram with some little captions that explain who was in and what was going on in the photos.

The picture, though, surprised me a little. It showed Daniel, Lando and myself standing in front of the garage, as we were talking to each other and Zak and Andreas. Julian was also in the picture with one half of his body and face. A song by Hoodie Allen was laid over the story, a song called Reunion. The name of the song fitted well to the photo. He also had tagged me and Daniel in the photo, which I didn't know. I didn't get a notification. The story disappeared and on my phone screen, his profile appeared again, which was when I realised that I didn't follow him yet. Maybe that was why I didn't get a notification about the tag in the story?

I clicked onto the follow button and went through his story again, so I could repost his story to my story as well. Next, I went to Daniel's Instagram page and followed him as well. I started to click through his story as well when there was a knock on my hotel door. I quickly jumped up and went over to the door. I recognised Lando and Daniel as soon as I had opened the door and let them into the room quickly. Making sure there wasn't anybody who has seen us, I checked the aisle but it was clear. 

"Nobody saw you, right?", I asked the two as I sat down on my bed again. They both shook their head as they laughed. I let out a relieved breath and nodded.

"Please, make yourself at home.", I then said and mentioned towards the bed or the sofa that was standing across the room at the wall. Lando let himself drop next to me on the bed, while Daniel sat down on the sofa. 

"So, Tia.", Daniel started in a serious voice and my heart dropped a little. What did I do now?

"When were you going to tell him about the stalking and watching of your management?", he asked me and I sucked in a breath. My head immediately shot to Lando and I glanced at him. 

"You told him?", I asked him and Lando shrugged his shoulders. 

"I didn't know it was supposed to be a secret.", he defended himself and hold up his hands. "I mean, you told me right away."