Chapter 16

"Yes, I think there is still space for improvement.", Lando agreed to the statement from his engineer. His eyes scanned the slowed-down video once more, then the data next to it. "Maybe out of turn six, I feel like I lose some tenths here and there. I'll work on that in the simulator." There were nodding heads around the room. 

"Any more comments or remarks from anybody?" The room stayed silent. 

"Alright then. Thanks for this briefing, lads." The people in the room stood up and packed their things together. Lando pulled out his phone and checked his recent messages on his lock screen. 

WhatsApp: Aarav, 13:28
"The video is doing great. I guess we should be making more real-life content."
Instagram: @tia_gauvin, 13:04
"Please let me just explain myself!"
WhatsApp: Max Fewtrell, 13:02
"I won't burn down your house, mate."
WhatsApp: Mum, 12:56
"When is your flight leaving? Maybe we can talk beforehand?"
Instagram: @tia_gauvin, 12:12
"Lando, please. I haven't heard anything from you in three weeks."
WhatsApp: Oliver Norris, 12:01
"Uno got so big, I think he will destroy you the next time you see him."
WhatsApp: Will, 11:32
"Briefing postponed to 12:45."
Instagram: 15240 new notifications
Swipe for more notifications

Without reacting to any, he pushed the phone back into his pocket and put his cap back onto his head. He stood up and said goodbye to his team, then went through the glass door to get to his next appointment within the McLaren technology centre. Charlotte, his media manager, waited for him outside of the meeting room. As soon as she saw him, she stood up from the sofa and joined him walking down the hallway. 

"Alright, after this interview, you and Daniel are free to go or work on the simulator.", she explained and Lando nodded. He planned on staying here a little longer. The past weeks and races haven't really been the way Lando has expected them to go. After the weekend in Silverstone, he felt like he had a block in his head and all his skill was thrown out of the window. He managed to score some points for the team, but it wasn't what anyone but especially himself expected from him. He knew as well as all other people working at McLaren that he could do better. And that he had to perform better if he wanted to help the team.

Charlotte led him to the big entrance hall, where Daniel and a camera crew was already waiting. The driver walked over to his teammate. As he approached him, he heard some sounds coming from the phone Daniel was looking at. Daniel watched something on his phone and as Lando came to hold next to him, he realised it was some girl singing. Well, not just some girl. Lando recognised that voice everywhere without any problems. 

"What's up, Danny.", he greeted his teammate without wanting to put too much attention to the video he was playing. He failed at that, miserably, though. Tia was singing along to a beat, covering a song of Maroon 5 called 'Sugar'. He didn't know where it was or why she did it, but she sounded amazing, as always, Lando thought. It sounded effortless but still perfect.

"She never needs to autotune.", Lando thought to himself. Daniel silenced the video posted on Instagram and greeted his teammate. 

"Hey. Have you seen that new video Tia posted to her Instagram?", he asked him and met Lando's eyes. Typical Daniel, always getting right to business. 

"No, I haven't.", Lando answered neutrally and broke eye contact with Danny. He let his gaze scan the area around him. Shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans, he pulled together his shoulder blades. Mentioning Tia made him uncomfortable, even now.

"You should. It is amazing.", Danny suggested.

"Maybe I will later.", Lando quietly answered, his eyes still wandering around the big hall.

All I know - Lando Norrisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें