Chapter 42

"Thank you so much for being here today, Tia.", the interviewer started off our conversation. I was back in London, being interviewed for a random website. It was a live interview shown on YouTube and their website. The recording will then be published on YouTube. My main purpose was to advertise the new season of Toxic and my new movie. 

Two days have passed since I stormed out of the hospital room in Italy. Lando hasn't reached out. I didn't either. I didn't feel like it was my turn to apologise for anything I have done. I had also coped with the thought of him dating another girl. As I had said days before: if he was happy, I was happy for him. What I felt didn't matter in this scenario. 

Even though I haven't been feeling great in the past few days, again, I finished all my work in time and with glamour. There were only a couple of interviews, but nobody saw my bad mood. At least nobody was commenting on it. At night, when I tried to fall asleep, I asked myself when it will be my turn to finally have something good in my life that didn't turn out to be complete bullshit. When was my turn to finally be happy, without any circumstances or lies? I didn't have an answer, but I for sure hoped it would be very soon. I was tired of being hurt.

"Thank you for having me.", I answered with a smile on my lips. The interviewer was a lovely looking older lady. Her greyish hair was neatly styled like it was back in the day, around the 1970s I reckoned. She was wearing a blazer and matching suit trousers with red and pink flowers on them. I couldn't rock this outfit, but she definitely could.

She hold some key cards in her hand, which had the logo of the website on them on the backside. I quickly adjusted my hair and threw it back over my shoulder. I was wearing it completely down today, which was rare for me because I hated being annoyed by my hair flying around in the wind or something. My stylists had begged me to wear it down today, though, so I did them a favour this time. I haven't seen them this happy in a while, it made me happier as well. 

"Now, of course, we have to talk about the way you got back in the spotlight.", the lovely lady, who had introduced herself as Isla, started with the question. "That performance with Little Mix and Anne-Marie had been amazing."

"Oh, thank you."

"Weren't you nervous?", she repeated Lando's question from two days ago word by word. I looked down for a second, trying to push his picture out of my mind. 

"I was very nervous.", I started to explain as the picture of him started to fade. "But I was so glad I did it. The girls were nothing but supportive towards me and I owe them a lot because of this experience."

"And it was good practice, no? For your own tour when you have released your own music?", she then bridged to her next question. I laughed quietly. I didn't think that I will be touring with my music soon, but it seemed like people, or rather my fans, were excited about it. 

"Well, it definitely was a great experience, but I don't know if that's something I will be doing soon.", I set my intentions straight. 

"But you are writing your own songs at the moment, is that correct?", she then dug deeper.

"Yes, whenever I find the time, I work on some songs here and there. But nothing is set yet in terms of a release date or recording session.", I answered truthfully. 

"So you've been really busy?", she continued to ask. 

"I am." My voice was clear and sounded like I was enjoying this much work, which I was. I loved working on the new project and loved going back to the set of Toxic. The crew there was amazing and so nice, it made work feel like a vacation. 

"But it's been amazing being back at the set. I loved working on Toxic, so it feels like coming home. And the other crew of the movie I've been working on has been great as well. Everybody works their butt off to produce the best movie possible and I appreciate that very much."