Chapter 34

Today was the day. The past weeks had been more than crazy for me. I published the article written by that company yesterday around lunchtime in Britain and it was safe to say that I kind of broke the internet. The truth about my family, my management and Lucas started a massive discussion about the working conditions of celebrities and their privacy.

I specifically asked my followers and fans not to attack any of these people involved. I wanted to be the bigger person and step away from the situation without any hard feelings. I reckoned cutting them out of my life was hard enough for them. At least I hoped so. Still, there were some hate comments towards my family or Lucas under my post but it would have still been too much work to delete them all. So I just let them uncommented. I couldn't do much more than ask my followers to drop and accept the situation just like I had. 

In these past two weeks since the day I spent with my closest friends, I took time for myself. By doing what I loved to do, I took care of myself and got my emotional stability back. I dealt with my feelings by posting acoustic covers of songs I thought expressed my feelings very well to my YouTube channel and Instagram. The first song I covered was For Tonight by Giveon, then some days later I uploaded my cover of Famous by Nathan Sykes. These two songs gave me the feeling that I expressed my feelings about this entire situation pretty well. 

The other two songs I sang on my social media were Let Them Know by Mabel and Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects. I felt more like myself when I recorded these songs and I was excited about the reactions. As I hoped, all of them were positive and most of them said I was looking much better than some weeks or days before. That's exactly what I felt like right now. I knew I didn't need the reassurance of me feeling better than before, but I got it in a video I saw on Instagram.

Some fan of mine had edited some paparazzi pictures of me when I was with Lucas back in the US with a sad song. I had to admit that I didn't look miserable with him. I looked like I was enjoying myself, but the video faded into the pictures some paparazzi took of me while spending the day with Fifi, Lando and Daniel accentuated by a happy song. And for the first time, I saw how well my friends treated me and how happy I could be when I was with the right people. Even a blind person could have seen the difference between these pictures. 

Overall, I was very happy with how the publishing process went down. I had a tiny fear in me that my fans wouldn't react the way they eventually had, and that they would've called me out for overreacting or something. But they hadn't, so everything was well. Daniel and Lando checked in on me every couple of days. I was still living with Fifi but promised her I would look for a new home as soon as I found new management. 

Regarding that, I texted Lando yesterday that I would be ready for a meeting with him to talk about options for new management and today was already the day of our meeting. He sent me an address and told me to meet him in a small coffee shop just outside of Woking, the place where he lived and worked. I knew he had just come back from a race weekend somewhere in South America and I had offered him to meet another day because he had just landed last night but he demanded to meet up with me this morning.

When I arrived at the address Lando had sent me, he was already waiting for me in front of the coffee shop. He was wearing black jeans and a simple white shirt from Ralph Lauren, which was covered by a denim jacket. A grey beanie hid his brown curls. Only a couple of them peaked out just above his eyebrows. He saw me walking towards him and smiled. His hands left the pockets of his jacket to embrace me in a hug. 

"Hello there.", I greeted him friendly and smiled as I took in his cologne. 

"Hi.", he said back. "Good to see you." His eyes scanned my outfit. I tried to keep it simple today but still wanted to look good for him. After spending about ten minutes standing in front of my closet and staring at my clothes, I decided on some light blue boyfriend jeans and a simple black crop top. I matched the crop top with my black and white Nike shoes and made sure to keep warm with my dark green winter coat. It had recently been getting colder in the UK, and the rain didn't help with trying to stay warm.