Chapter 44

"I still don't know how you made this-" Lando's fingers motioned to the empty plate in front of him. "from scratch. That's just unbelievable."

After we had let go of each other and I finally got back to cooking, we talked a little bit longer. At some point, where the curry was almost done and it had only to be heated, I told Lando to watch the food while I was quickly getting into the shower. I wasn't comfortable with eating dinner in sweaty sports clothing. Besides, I wasn't shaven completely and I didn't want to present myself like that to Lando when I would sit there in a top. 

He didn't mind and watched the food for me. When I got back into the kitchen, he was holding his phone in one hand, while stirring lost in thought in the pot with the other hand. I scared him a little when I suddenly talked to him, which made both of us laugh. After that, we both got some food on our plates and sat down at the table in my winter garden. It was nice and warm while still having a view of the garden through the big glass windows and doors. 

Outside, it started to get colder. Summer was over now and the leaves on the trees started to change colour. I was looking forward to the autumn and winter. There were a lot of great things coming. I just felt that they would. In my winter garden, it was comfortably warm though. I was fine wearing just some black leggings with a red sports top. My hair was still damp from the shower. It laid in strains over my shoulder. I hated wearing my hair down, but this way it could dry properly and fast.

"It's cooking, not magic.", I answered him. His eyes went to mine and we both smiled. 

"It is to me.", he told me. I gave him a look to tell him I thought it was complete bullshit. His smile only grew bigger though.

"Trust me, you haven't seen me cook. I even managed to burn pasta while it was still in the water.", he told me some memory that just came up in his mind. I didn't want to laugh, but couldn't hold my laughter in eventually. He joined me in with a bright smile as I threw my head back.

"No way.", I managed to say under my breath. My head dropped back to its normal position. 

"Yes way.", he laughed.

"Wow, I guess we need to cook together once then.", I remarked and took my wine glass into my hand. While taking a sip, my eyes still watched the boy across the table from me. There was still a weak smile on his face. Almost like he was enjoying this time we spent together. I wasn't going to lie, I was. There was something different about the way we interacted now that I knew he wasn't dating this Luisa girl. 

"Well, I would say that we did that today.", he remarked and his smile grew in one corner. I sat down the glass again. 

"No, today doesn't count.", I said back seriously. 

"Why not?" His voice sounded like a disappointed kid, who asked for a sweet but was denied by his parents. I chuckled at that image in my head.

"Because you didn't do anything!", I said back and giggled. 

"That's not true.", Lando defended himself. 

"Oh, right! Sorry! You stirred the food for some minutes, so it wouldn't burn. How could I forget that!" My voice was full of sarcasm.

"Well, that is a big thing for me." Lando spoke quietly, but clearly. 

"I'm sorry.", I said back with sympathy. "I didn't know this was a big step for you."

"It is.", he ensured me once more playfully and we both giggled. As our laughter quieted down, I took another sip of wine. 

"So, how is everything going at the moment?", Lando then asked after some moments of silence. I nodded slightly to gather my thoughts.