Chapter 21

"Yes, Fifi. I know. But really it's not as cold as you said. Especially if you think about the fact that it's late July.", I said through the phone as I left the hotel bathroom. 

"But still, it's Canada. I expect it to be cold. Don't ruin my imagination.", Fifi said back jokingly. 

"Fine, I won't tell you it's about 30 degrees here in Montréal right now.", I laughed and heard her gasp. I let myself sit down on the comfortable bed and laid on my back. My eyes scanned the ceiling, which was boringly plain white. 

"Goddamit.", Fifi let out. "You're really destroying my image about Canada." We laughed for a short time. "But really, you've been in America for three weeks now. Doesn't it get boring after some time? I feel like it's always the same, no matter where you go there."

"It doesn't actually.", I answered truthfully and turned onto my stomach. My gaze went through the window and scanned the skyline of Montréal. The sky was tinted in a slight orange from the sunset. I needed to take a photo of that as soon as Fifi and I would hang up the phone. 

"Every city we travel to, there are other things to explore and different people to meet. So no, it doesn't get boring." 

"If you say so.", Fifi agreed.

"And you? How's the internship going?", I asked my best friend. I knew she just started her internship at a museum in Birmingham. She needed it to be able to start her new master studies in European history. 

"It's alright.", Fifi answered hesitantly. I knew it wasn't what Fifi enjoyed doing, but she needed it. Working at the museum must be boring and exhausting at the same time. "The people are nice, but the work is not really exciting."

"I figured.", I said honestly. "How long is the internship?"

"Three more weeks, so four in total.", she explained with a mouthful of food. She was on lunch break right now, that's why she called. 

"Alright, that's not too bad.", I said and rested my head on my hand. My eyes still scanned the colourful sky. 

"No, it's not. When are you getting back to the UK?", she then asked me as she swallowed her food. 

"My flight's on Monday evening.", I explained. A card unlocked the hotel room door. Immediately I turned back onto my back and sat up. The white door swung open and my boyfriend entered the room, his blonde hair was wet from sweat. His manager and he went for a run in the streets of Montréal. As he saw me, he smiled and took his shoes off. 

"Man, I haven't seen you in an eternity.", my best friend whined over the phone. "I need to catch up with you, girl. Not over the phone, though." Lucas walked over to me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. 

"Hi baby.", I quickly greeted him and then went back to the phone call. "Yes, I know. When I get back we make sure to catch up properly. I'll keep a time slot free." I watched Lucas take off his black running shirt. His well-defined muscles sparkled a little in the artificial light. He had been training and working out hard in the past few weeks because of his role in this movie. All the hard work paid off, though. He looked amazing. His eyes caught me staring and a cheeky grin appeared on his face.

"Stop staring, you thirsty creature.", he whispered and made me giggle. 

"Good!", Fifi said at the same time. "Just text me when you have time. I have to get back to work now."

"Alright, I will. Talk to you soon. Have fun at work.", I said and heard my best friend grunt once more. It made me laugh.

"Very funny, Tia.", she said but laughed soon after. "Alright, see you. Bye."