Epilogue

It had become a ritual for Lando and I to ride to the circuit in the same car if I could make it to his races. Staying and spending time had become really easy since word got out we dated. We actually never posted or confirmed it in any interview. We just decided some day to post each other on our social media. It became pretty clear after these posts and some videos from fans were uploaded, when they met us in the streets or at the circuits. It was easier this way, and I feel like our relationship had really began when we could be ourselves together in public.

This was now about two years ago. A lot has happened since then. And if I say a lot, I mean a lot. 

On my side, I was still busy with acting and making music. Since the first movie and the second season of Toxic, I had been working on several projects, all enjoying them equally much. But one project was more successful than the others and it was no wonder it was a project I worked on with several big shot actors, such as Ryan Reynolds, Keanu Reeves and Natalie Portman. The Netflix adaptation of a book went to one of the most streamed movies on the platform within weeks and we had won several awards for it. I even won my first BAFTA award for leading actress. It was an honour and definitely something I didn't expect. Lando and I have also started to support several charities that are close to our hearts and were regularly doing collaborations and advertisements for. 

On Lando's side, the FIA had implemented a lot of regulation changes for the 2022 season. It took him, Daniel and the team some time to adjust to the new cars and regulations after spending and working with the old regulations for three years, but they came around eventually. Daniel had started dating a girl, which I had already met and I couldn't wait to spent more time with her soon. Unfortunately, she couldn't make it to this race. At the moment, McLaren was in a good second place in the constructor's championship going into this last race of the 2024 season.

Oh, and how could I forget: Lando could become a first-time world champion today.

 It was still crazy to think about or even say it out loud, but it was just the truth. If Lando wins this race today, or finishes higher than George Russell and Max Verstappen, he would become this season's world champion. I really wished he would. Not just because I was dating him, but because I knew how much he sacrifices for this sport and this team. Racing and the Mclaren team were his life. I not only wished it for him, but also his family, who I knew were so proud of him no matter what. They always supported him and it would be their win just as much as it would be Lando's.

They really became my family over the past years. I didn't know if it was because they knew I didn't have a family I talked to anymore or anything else, but they treated me just like a proper Norris family member and I couldn't be more grateful. My heart exploded with gratitude and love every time I saw them. 

"I just hope it's not like the final race in 2021.", Lando said. His eyes were glued on me and I didn't know if he was excited, nervous or on the verge of a breakdown. It had been hard to read him for the past few days. He had been quieter and more reserved as well. But I didn't mind. I knew what this means to him and I tried to be as supportive as I could possibly be. 

"I don't think I would handle that very well. Max and Lewis have a cooler head than me."

"I wouldn't say that.", I argued back. "You've never been in such a situation, so how would you know?"

"I think I would be freaking out so much."

"I don't think you will. You're calm right now." Lando laughed at me.

"Trust me, I'm not."

"Well, then you're handling it like a real professional." My voice was calm and soft. I had a small smile on my lips.