Simon x male reader

"Another Shadyside murder" you hear from the living room, shrugging on your jacket

"Another Shadyside murder" you hear from the living room, shrugging on your jacket. "So the usual" you remark sarcastically heading into the kitchen to grab a snack before heading off. "No it was one of your friends, Heather Watkins" you open the refrigerator before pausing at the words of your mother. "Heather?" You ask rushing into the living room to see the Newspaper your mom was holding.

"Yeah apparently some kid went crazy and killed her." She glances at you before closing the newspaper. "You should head to school, don't want to be late right?" She sends you a sad smile but you were in shock, a frown etched on your face.

"Right" you mumble licking your dry lips and forcing your eyes closed to hold back tears. You rush out the house forgetting to say bye and even forgetting to eat. Not that you would be able to eat anyways after the news.

________________________________

Walking into the school felt weird, but it wasn't the suddenly new amount of stares but in fact it was the reason behind them. Everyone seemed convinced that maybe the curse had passed on to you. Maybe you were just being ridiculous and over dramatic but you couldn't help but feel naked without your usual friends beside you- Ryan and Heather.

There was no way that you could feel better about what happened. Just yesterday you and Heather were talking on the phone about a new horror movie and now she's dead. It seemed so unreal but so real at the same time.

"You see it's the witch" you hear not far ahead of you. Looking up from the not that interesting ground you see Deena and Kate your best friends. "Oh Christ not you too" Deena shakes her head in disappointment. Kate grabs Deena by the arm and drags her to what you assume was the bathroom.

You walk past giving a glance at the locker with notes and pictures of Heather. Making your way in to the bathroom you hear another voice "what? The dude was wearing a Halloween skull mask! How is that not Fun!" "People died, and one of them happened to be friends with your boyfriend. This dude was probably just some sad sack who hated his life, like the rest of us, except he decided "hey, why don't I get out of here for good?" And, "Hey, why don't I take Heather and a couple other mall rats with me?" The only thing that made him go crazy is this town!"

Deciding to make your entrance you step into the bathroom. Sensing your presence everyone's eyes snap towards you. "Are you okay?" Deena breaks the silence sending you a sympathetic look. "Are you okay?" You retort, more worried about her.

"Yeah I'm fine" she drops her bag, no one believes her but you all decide to stay quiet. "I feel so guilty." You confess playing with your fingers as you walk closer to Simon. "Why" Kate furrows her eyebrows.

"I literally told her to drop dead last night, I mean we were on the phone and I was joking. But I didn't really expect her to like..actually drop dead." You mumble the last part.