Deena x reader- Always pt.2

Warning: Internalized Homophobia

It had been a few weeks since your conversation with Deena

It had been a few weeks since your conversation with Deena. After that night you both decided to be less touchy and more friendly.

She knew that you really just needed a friend, so that's who she became- for you. The game was tomorrow and you were looking really forward to cheering for her and the band even if you had to sit all the way In the back of the bleachers.

You still hadn't talked to your parents about your new found feelings but you weren't exactly in a rush to either.

The weeks were filled with many sleepless nights, countless amounts of red eyes for school and millions of tissue scraps. Though Deena's mixtapes made you feel a little better, well Deena all together made you feel better.

Something about the way she talked to you, and the way she dialed down on her usual acts just to make you feel better, warmed your heart.

But today was the day, the day that you weren't ready for. You were scared, but finally realizing who you are was enough adrenaline to keep you going.

Deena's room was filled with laughter as she attempted to impersonate one of your least favorite teachers. She ended up tripping over your shoe and you let out an embarrassing snort.

The laughter had soon died down, "Hey Deena" you mumble hovering over the bed to look down at Deena, hair falling over the edge of the bed. "I think- well I um know that I uh, well I'm kinda more of a fruit girl." You speak subtly trying to hint at what you were actually saying.

"What?" She gives a confused laugh as she sits up. You sigh and pinch your nose, taking a deep breath. "I'm a Lesbian" you immediately close your eyes being afraid to see her reaction for some unknown reason.

After not hearing anything, you peak one eye open to see a smiling Deena. Opening both your eyes she jumps onto you, hugging you. She continues to congratulate you, and cheer you on, as tears form in your eyes. Finally being happy that you got those words out.

She suddenly pulls back "sorry I got excited" she frowns trying to hide her excited smile. "I'm a lesbian too" she admits, laying her hand on top of yours as she smiles down at you.

You sit up "Deena, I like you a lot" you force out, sense you both were confessing you decided why not. You blink back your tears successfully stopping them from falling as a small smile etches onto your face.

"I like you too" her brown eyes meet yours. The room is filled with a comfortable silence as She hesitantly lifts her hand up to your hair. Pushing a strand behind your ear, her breath hitches as your heart speeds up. She slides her hand down to your cheek and softly caresses it as if she's trying to permanently memorize the feeling of your skin against her fingertips.

She takes a deep breath as she leans in, and you hesitantly follow. You both stop less than an inch away from each other, noses touching, lips brushing against each other.

Breaking the distance Deena presses her soft lips against yours as both of your eyes flutter closed.

This wasn't like all your other kisses, it was different. It was amazing, people always described kissing as if you feel fireworks but really it was so much more than that.

You felt a ton of things, stronger than some boring fireworks. You felt a weird feeling in your stomach, a weird vibration through your whole body. A shiver ran down your spine as one of her hands traveled down your back. You welcomed the new feeling, smiling into the kiss.

You finally grasped enough courage to lift your hand up to her cheek. Tilting her head as your other ran through her curly hair.

You both kissed slowly and passionately, tongues clashing in a orderly fashion as if you both had a mutual agreement that you wanted to take everything slow.

You hear your phone ring but being so into the kiss, you ignore it. As it keeps on ringing Deena pulls back annoyed but nonetheless smiling. You leaned for another kiss "your phone" she lips her finger up to your lips.

Letting out a sigh, you lean over the bed to see your phone. "It's my friend, I forgot I'm supposed to be babysitting." You sigh again standing up to grab your bag and slide into your shoes.

Deena's eyes follow you around the room as you quickly gather your things. "You want me to walk you out?" Deena asks beginning to stand up but you immediately stop her "no you'll just make want to stay."

She laughs "So, I guess I'll see you tonight?" She asks, taking about the game. "Yeah, of course" you smile walking over to her and giving her a quick peck as she Hums against your lips.

"Bye" you wave walking out of her room. "Bye Josh" you yell downstairs to Josh, getting no response you shrug and leave out the front door. A smile wide on your face, completely unaware that Deena sat in her room with the same expression.