Simon x male reader- Yep still gay

He wasn't exactly sure when the whole friendship thing had started to cross a line, and he hadn't remembered when you're hugs begun to get longer

He wasn't exactly sure when the whole friendship thing had started to cross a line, and he hadn't remembered when you're hugs begun to get longer. Or how your touch seemed to linger a little longer then usual. But if he were to be entirely honest he didn't actually mind.

In any normal situation he would have spoken out about it, but this was no normal situation. This wasn't just any person he was dealing with, it was you. He didn't know how you would react after hearing his views on your friendship.

You were no doubt a understanding person but you definitely weren't that good at expressing your feelings through words. This proved to be a complication because most times he couldn't tell if you cared or if you didn't.

You had finally asked out the "girl of your dreams" and he wasn't planning on ruining that for you. Although he would be lying if he said the idea didn't pop into his mind once in a while.

It had only been a week after you announced your relationship and you were knocking on his door in desperate need of a friend to talk to.

What at first was a moody conversation turned into a few laughs and stolen glances. After talking to Simon you realized that maybe you didn't like the girl in the first place but instead made yourself think you did.

So a few articles, a mixtape and a few romcoms later he found himself leaning in and to his surprise so did you. As he pressed his lips against yours he closed his eyes, afraid that if he opened them he would realize it was all just a dream.

He leaned into your touch as your lips danced together, in what was at first an awkward pattern due to his inexperience. In no time though, you both were able to find a matching rhythm as you ran your hands through his fluffy hair.

Trailing his hands slowly down towards the exposed skin that was barely hidden by your undersized sweater. He had never been this close to someone before and even though he was pretty eager he wanted to take his time.

He wanted to take everything in so he could remember it later. Breaking apart due to lack of oxygen you both smile at each other warmly. He felt a familiar feeling in his stomach watching you send him a small smile that rose to your eyes.

He was still shocked, one minute you were crying and then you were kissing. He couldn't help but feel like maybe he had taken advantage of your emotions. The kiss seemed to be the last thing on your mind though, he watched as you turned towards the tv and laugh at the cartoon playing.

________________________________

You both laid on Simon's bed, backs faced towards each other. No sign of light other than the light rays shining through the barely open blinds. Watching as the light traveled around the room as a car passed by, Simon sighs.

He hadn't been able to get the kiss out of his head, and it only frustrated him more noticing how you seemed like the kiss was the least of your worries.

"Um, about that- kiss" Simon mumbles. Your eyes freeze on a pair of socks laying on the ground. "It was a mistake" you hesitantly respond not wanting him to hate you because of your actual opinion. "Right- right yeah" Simon mumbles pulling the cover a little closer to his body.

You both are engulfed in a loud silence. You both just laying there for what seemed like hours but had only been a little over thirty minutes.

"I don't think it was a mistake" Simon turns to face your back. "I think that, you deserve better than that girl and I'm glad you came today." Simon speaks hesitantly. You turn to face him "The truth is... I like you, and I know your kinda dense, annoying, a buzz kill and plenty other things but I don't care. All I care about is you, and maybe it's a little weird because we're like best friends but I mean-" you grab both sides of his face and smash your lips together.

And without hesitation Simon kisses back, lacing your hands together. "Your such a doofus" you broke the kiss watching as a small blush appeared on his cheeks. "I like you too" you respond confidently any thoughts of your ex now long gone...for now at least.