M.E.C.H, here?

The helicopter that I spotted five days ago is following us again. I have a bad feeling on who might be in it, they shouldn't be here. I am slowly regaining my memories by dreaming and random flashbacks whilst driving. The dream I had last night told me of an organization, one that took my friend Breakdown, making a house out of him.

"Y/n"
"Huh, oh yes Tadashi?"
"You've been thinking for a while, the chopper has disappeared"
"Just because we can't see it doesn't mean they're not following us, what time is it?"
"Midday, we need food"
"You need food, I need energon"
"Is that why you keep spacing out"
"Possibly"
"To San Fransokyo"

We drive back to the city, driving past a mansion we see a blue monster like creature jumping around blowing fire out of its mouth. Hiro can be putting on a helmet before climbing up the back of some red robot.

"Looks like Hiro is happier"
"Who's the robot?"
"I think it could be Baymax"
"The marshmallow you invented?"
"Yes, but Hiro gave him armor by the looks of it"
"The alien?"
"Most likely Fred"
"Is that Wasabi? Covered in bubblegum?"
"Yep"

I continue past the mansion, soon turning into a grocery store. I activate my holoform, a version of me as a human I only see in my memories. Tadashi exits the drivers' side as I exit through the passenger door. We enter the store and grab a trolley, I walk to the drink isle and grab a box of Powerade, it acts like a very diluted energon for me. I still have a couple cubes of energon that I'm saving. Tadashi puts a variety of chips and noodles in the trolley, seems to be the only thing he eats while we're hiding.

"You got everything?"
"Enough chips and noodles for the month"
"What about water?"
"Right, lets go get some"

We head to the water, I sit the Powerade box on the ground and pick up two packs of water. I place the water under the trolley and pick the Powerade back up. We head to the checkout; I wonder if the race money is enough? Should be.

"That will be 64 95"
"Here"

I hand the cashier $65, and we walk out the door. I open my boot and sit the box and water in before the chips and noodles. Tadashi grabs a packet of soy flavored chips before I shut the boot, we get in my alt mode and my holoform fizzles away. I hear the dreaded chopper sound; I move my mirrors to see it hovering above us as a dot.

"M.E.C.H"
"Who's M.E.C.H?"
"They turned my friends sparkless body into an experiment and home for their leader"
"Sounds nice"
"Not really"

We speed off back into the bit of country we hide around. The chopper keeps its distance as it tails me, spotting a cave I drive into it as far as I can. Tadashi hops out and peeks out the entrance of the cave. I turn around ready to leave, Tadashi hops in and I slowly drive out, the chopper gone so I speed off to the barn.

~~~~~~

Starscream POV

Knockout insisted I fly around to see if I can spot Y/n. It has been a month since their disappearance, Silas thinks some rouge M.E.C.H could have them. Megatron has attempted to rip my other wing off, I think he is terrified of what Y/n will do if he did, so I only receive dents and minor energon spillage. I fly over Jasper, no random Aventador causing a ruckus, I fly to the usual racing spot, not here either.

"Starscream to Knockout"
"Hello Screamer, any sign on Y/n?"
"No Knockout, have you ever thought she isn't on this planet"
"No I didn't actually""
"Then start thinking that"

I fly back to the Nemesis, Soundwave waiting for me on the flight deck. I transform as I land and walk past him, ignoring the image of Megatron on his visor. Heading to the medbay Soundwave follows, Steve stops walking with the other vehicons and walks beside Soundwave. Entering the medbay, Knockout is injecting Silas with another batch of synth-en.

"Knockout"
"Starscream, please be patient"
"If Y/n saw you experimenting with the synth-en again"
"They'd have my helm, I know"
"Knockout"
"Hi Steve, nothing new on patrol"
"No, haven't seen Y/n on patrol"

Silas roars in pain as the synth-en enters his system, soon crashing causing Silas to sleep. Soundwave takes the last of the synth-en and locks it away. Steve returns with his patrol squad as they passed the medbay.

~~~~~~

Y/n POV

I am not sure how the time works here, I could be here for a month and be gone a day there, or the other way around. Moving from the barn to our new home for the week has been tiring, the chopper following our every move. Whilst on a drive I spotted an old lake house with a good-sized garage. Tadashi is already at the house as I bring the last of our supplies, I take the long way around the mountain to lose M.E.C.H. Arriving at the house I drive into the garage and wait for the sheet to drop back down before transforming, the supplies dropping into a pile at my wheels.

"Tadashi I'm here"
"Coming Y/n"
"M.E.C.H has stopped following us for now"
"You take the long way?"
"Yes, I'm going to try and send a signal to Ratchet again"
"Isn't that how the chopper finds us"
"I don't know, maybe, dammit"

I kick a tin of paint out of the shed, hearing it open and splatter paint on the ground. My memories of Ratchet or still in fragments but I remember saying I would comm him if I ended up somewhere I shouldn't be. My dreams seem to be memories based on the Decepticons while flashback on the Autobots, that is all I've discovered so far.

"It's getting dark Y/n, you should recharge"
"I should, is the bed comfy inside the house?"
"Yes, no hay to prick me while I sleep"

We share a laugh from all the hay in the barn that pricked Tadashi as he slept, one night he ended up sleeping on my chest plating saying it's not as prickly as the hay. I move some crates in the barn to make a form of bed for me to sleep on, an old sheet like the one used as the door is shoved in the back corner opposite the crates, I grab it to use as a blanket. Tadashi takes some food and water with him as he heads to bed. I dim my optics as I fall into recharge.

~~~Dream Memory~~~

"Steve, can we go racing?"
"No Y/n, I have to get you back to the nemesis"
"But you promised"
"I did, but I don't know how to race"
"You're kidding me right"
"No"
"Right, I'm taking over then"

I grab the steering wheel and force Steve to drive to the race, we arrive just as the others race off.

"Go Steve, go"
"Oh alright Y/n"

Steve takes off after the other racers, I notice a familiar looking red Aston beside us, I wave at him before overtaking it and driving faster.

"What's your top speed Steve?"
"Not much"
"There's no speedo"
"Why would I need a speedo?"
"So I can see how fast we are going"
"There's a corner coming up"
"Alright, drift time baby"
"What's a drift"
"Let me show you"

I take over the controls and drift around the corner and overtake another racer, the red Aston from before speeds past us, I speed up accepting the challenge to beat them. It's a head to head race between the Aston and us, we drift around a few more corners before seeing the finish line up ahead.

"Faster Steve, beat him"
"Knockout is faster than me Y/n"
"I don't want to lose"
"I can't go faster"
"Then push past your limits Steve"
"You, Y/n, are impossible to disagree to"
"I know"

We speed up and pass the finish line before the red Aston, skidding to a halt I jump out of Steve and run up to the red car.

"Nice try Knockout, you know I always win"
"I know you do Y/n, I bet Steve went faster than he should"
"Maybe"
"You're too mean, you know that"
"Yep"

I walk back to the purple car known as Steve, hop into the drivers' seat and both cars drive off. Heading in the same direction, through a swirling almost rainbow portal.

~~~Memory End~~~