Junk Yard Car

Today was the day you get to buy your first car. You were excited to see what beauties there at the junk yard, why? well no one really knows why you are heavily attracted to the rat infested, damp, filthy place.

Walking around inspecting every rust covered burnt corpse of what once were someone's pride and joy you felt sad. You had a connection to these sad looking cars, always wanting the old and not the new. You stopped in front of a faded red, slightly rusty and completely filthy Aston Martin. You couldn't tell what year or model it is, but you knew it was special.

"Hey dad I've found something"

You call out to your dad who was talking to Uncle Pete, the junk yard owner. You walk closer to the Aston and carefully rub away the layers of dirt caked onto its badge. Your dad walks over to you, inspecting your find.

"Nice car, colours faded and there's a couple of heavy rust spots. You sure this is the one you want kid?"
"Haven't seen any other like this, don't look old but y'never know"

You gently pat what roof is visible, the other half of the car buried in the rubble of junk. Your dad turns to old uncle Pete as he shuffles towards the two of you. He looks towards the car with realisation on his face.

"If ye want that car, ye can have it. It's been taking up space for too long"

Uncle Pete points to you and then to the car, a small smile on his face. Your small grin turns into a huge smile as you hug your fathers' arm and jump in a burst of joyous glee.

"Time to take this beauty home, c'mon start digging"

You start to pull away the years of junk that has been piled up over the years.

"Hang on, we got to pull it out and tow it home. It should be in our garage by tomorrow morning"

Your dad explains, moving out of the way as a pile of chairs came tumbling down towards him, adding a dent to the roof of the Aston.

"OK, I'll wait for tomorrow. Can I skip school to help fix it?"
"Why not, it will be your birthday tomorrow anyways"

Your dad starts to leave, waiting for you to follow soon after, glancing back at the faded red car one last time with a smile on your face.