Sweet Home Jasper, Nevada

12:00am

I awoke to a quiet, cool night. Knockout is on the side of the road, his engine quiet. I take my seatbelt off and shift in my seat so I'm sitting up, I look at my watch to see that it's pointless in trying to see what time it is. I search the passenger seat beside me for my phone, flipping it open to see that its roughly twelve am.

"Knockout you awake?"
I poke the radio, waiting for a response.

"Damn, I need to pee"
I grab the door handle only to find its locked.

"Knockout, unless you want to deal with a wet seat unlock your door"
I pull the handle rapidly and push on the door trying to get it open, I feel around for the lock with no luck.

"Calm down fleshy, can't a guy get his beauty sleep"
"Not if you want me to pee on your seat"
"Scrap, fine go"

Knockout opens the door, turning his headlights on so I can see where I'm going. I dash over to the nearest tree and duck behind it.

~~~~~~

12:18am

I walk back to Knockout to see that his headlights are off. A faint glow emitting from inside, possibly the radio.

"Why are the lights off"
I open the door to the passenger side, pushing the box and bag into the back which now exists, weird. I get in and lay the seat back as far as it'll go.

"Tomorrow we should be in Jasper, Nevada"
"Why is Jasper important to you?"
"That's where my friend lives, she's an exchange student"
"I've got a feeling I know her"
"You do, her names Miko"

Knockout is silent, he doesn't reply for ages, I eventually decide to just sleep till morning.

~~~~~~

6:55am

I woke to being strangled by a seatbelt, I yank it off and sit up, glaring at the radio.

"Y'think that's funny, strangling me in my sleep"
"Safety first"
"Why you"
I kick the radio three times before I'm yeeted into the dash.
"Please stop that, I don't want to have to restrain you"

I sit back, crossing my arms before glaring out the window. I watch as the scenery changes from green trees and mounds of grassy dirt to sandy desert and rocky hills.

~~~~~~

8:30am

A giant green sign with the words Jasper, the population was scribbled on and replaced with what could only be described as a form of vandalism, unreadable gibberish which is most likely a tag.

Knockout starts to speed up, the town getting closer with each rotation of his wheels. Dust flying behind us as we leave the dirt road for some surprisingly nice, paved street. I don't think we were on the road as I look around to see a paved road to the side, the same green sign just in sight with the road heading towards it. I thought Knockout didn't like ruining his finish, wouldn't dirt make him look horrible.

We drive past a school and into an alleyway, I hop out of the passenger seat and look around for any passer-by's before motioning for Knockout to transform, my junk now falling to the ground at his feet.

"Well, we're here, now what"
"Wait for the kids to either arrive to or finish school for the day"
"Why"
"Cause my friend goes there, she's younger than me but she knows how to party"
"Does this friend of yours drive a bulky green mess?"
"Huh, oh the green SUV, yeah that should be her. Let's go and say hi"

Knockout transforms, I shove my junk back into his trunk and hop in the driver's seat. Fighting over who drives we manage to come to an agreement.

"I will drive for now, I don't need her to be freaked by a car that drives by itself"
"Oh I don't think you need to worry about that anytime Y/n"
"Why, it's not like she has a giant alien robot"
"Hey that hurt my feelings, I'm a Cybertronian, not a giant alien robot"
"Sounds the same to me"

We drive down to the school car park; I park Knockout next to the SUV before stepping out to hug the occupant of the car beside me.